Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Dimplex CSH 20 Series H, 4 Main lights will not light up when

Customer Question

Dimplex CSH 20 Series H,
4 Main lights will not light up when the drawer is closed but light up intermittently when the drawer is open. Recently up until today when first switched on lights flashed for a few minutes before working correctly. Please advise.
Derick Wolstenholme
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi and thank you for choosing Just Answer.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient as these are technical questions that may require a bit of conversation to solve.
How old is your unit?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

two & a half years old.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi and thank you Derek, this indicates a faulty connection.
It sounds like either a bad switch or connection from a wire.
Do you have tools and a meter for testing? This is something you could do if you are handy, but if not, it would need to be checked by an appliance technician local to you. Let me know what you would like to do.
I will stick with you until this is fixed, please don’t forget to rate my service to you before you close this page. I will be available to you at no additional cost , you can then get in touch with me anytime by simply replying to this message.
Thank you and have a great day Derek.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Michael.
Checked for loose connections & all seams to be ok. Still lights coming on and off for first few minutes, then staying off. Is there some sort of cutout switch on these fires. Please advise, Derick.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi yes, it could be a fault with the thermal cut out if its bad, or a bad thermostat or main control board.
Do you have a meter for testing that stuff?
Tech Michael