Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Heating and hot water heating appliances experienced
77408428

I HAVE A VALLANT 282 TURBOMAX VUW BOILER - AND I HAVE HEATING

I HAVE A VALLANT 282 TURBOMAX VUW BOILER - AND I HAVE HEATING BUT NO WATER COMING OUT OF THE HOT WATER TAPS. I HAD A NEW DIVERTER VALVE, AIR SWITCH AND DHW EXCHANGER PUT ON AND IT WAS WORKING GREAT, BUT NOW I HAVE NO HOT WATER OR WATER COMING OUT OF ANY HOT WATER TAPS.

Expert:  Plumberpro replied 2 years ago.
Plumberpro :

Sorry , just to verify , you have no water coming from the hot taps?

Plumberpro :

.

Customer:

Yes that's correct no water coming out of the hot taps

Plumberpro :

Hi .was the water coming out after work was done? Or is this a cause of work done?

Customer:

The hot and cold water

Customer:

The hot and cold water taps were both working perfectly for about 6 hours before l went out. When l arrived home l went to use the hot water and no water came out of any of the hot water taps.

Customer:

I tried the central heating to see if that was still working and it was working perfectly. I checked for any air locks in the water pipes and they were clear. No one touched anything on the boiler all the isolation valves and stop cocks were still open.

Plumberpro :

That is pretty strange . the only thing in its path is the domestic heat exchanger. This could be blocked. I would crack open the hot water pipe but unbdser the boiler to confirm no water there before doing anything else. And also the cold incoming to confirm water there. This will tell everything we need to know .if there is water incoming, but not out then there must be a blockage in the domestic heat exchanger .

Plumberpro :

.

Customer:

Thanks for the information which we checked out and found out that it was the domestic heat exchanger that was blocked. We have now cleared it and the hot water is working perfectly.