Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

How t clear code D13 on my De Dietrich Dishwasher DVH754XE

How t clear code D13 on my De Dietrich Dishwasher DVH754XE1?
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi and thank you for choosing Just Answer.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient as these are technical questions that may require a bit of conversation to solve.
How old is your dishwasher?
Also what will it do other than display that error D13?
Tech Michael
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Ann, This usually is an overheating problem
Hello. Check if the dishwasher is heating, if dishwasher does not heat or gets too hot, then either thermostat or element is faulty.
In these cases I replace both parts as they aren't very expensive and once you do that the units heating issue will surly be solved;-)
If you are handy I can help you locate the best place to get the parts and will help you replace them. If not you would want an appliance technician to make this repair for you. Let me know.
I will stick with you until this is fixed, please don’t forget to rate my service to you before you close this page. I will be available to you at no additional cost , you can then get in touch with me anytime by simply replying to this message.
Thank you and have a great day Ann.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello Michael,
The dishwasher is five years old.It will do nothing as the code is locked on.I have ordered a new element but noone knows how to clear the code!the technicians in our area are not able to unlock thr code as DeDietrich have gone bust and their technicians appeared to have disappeared
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Also if the heating element is fitted thus completing the circuit will the error code disappear?
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Ann I know it sounds frustrating.
This also could be the thermostat, if it doesnt sense properly it will tell the main control board to keep giving that error, say if it is shorted out.
Thats why I mention that I would replace both parts. I believe really the failed part is the thermostat.
In this case, it could be either or as far as the two parts are concerned, as they work together. But yes the error should disappear when the failed part has been replaced.
One other possibility is a failed main control board but hopefully that is ok;-)
I will be here when you have the parts fitted and we will can go from there.
Thank you Ann and have a great day!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Are you able to source a thermostat?I have been told that they come from Israel so not eadily available!
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Ann please try these sources: Note, its best to call them on the phone.
http://www.4de-dietrich.co.uk/
Call:0844 55 72 510
Or
http://www.espares.co.uk/
Call:0844 9777 888
Let me know how it goes;-)
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Michael,
I will try these sources!
You have been very helpful
Best regards Ann
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Your very welcome Ann;-)
Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Excellent service!
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Awesome Ann!
Have a great day!
You can re rate to change that, no additional cost;-)
Tech Michael