Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491
Appliance

the display information is not showing on my Fisher Paykel

E610B fridge, and the cold... Show More
E610B fridge, and the cold water dispenser has also stopped working. It is not in lock mode and the interior light comes on when the door is opened, and it seems to be cooling OK, but the door-open alarm has stopped working as well. I have tried disconnecting the power for a couple of minutes and then switching on again, but this has not cured the fault. As there is no display, there is no fault code showing. The water feed seems OK.
Show Less
Michael, Customer Service
replied 2 years ago.
Michael :

Hi are you there?

JACUSTOMER-7t3adpgd- :

yes, hello Michael

Michael :

this is a bad main conrrol board

Michael :

that part is easy to replace but a bit expensive

JACUSTOMER-7t3adpgd- :

so can only be repaired by replacing it?

Michael :

its located behind the fridge inside a panel

Michael :

I can help you if you purchase a new board

JACUSTOMER-7t3adpgd- :

It has only just happened within the last couple of hours. There are a few grandkids here and I thought one of them may have been messing with the buttons.

Michael :

Hi you can try unplugging the fridge for about 2 minutes then back in let me know if the display comes back

JACUSTOMER-7t3adpgd- :

I've already tried that, to no avail!

Michael :

thanks for letting me know that ,this may be in a child safety lock condition.

JACUSTOMER-7t3adpgd- :

How can I find that out?

Michael :

one minute...

Michael :

is the display on the outside the issue?

JACUSTOMER-7t3adpgd- :

Yes, it's on the right door above the water dispenser.

Michael :

please let me know what the buttons are on there from left to right.

JACUSTOMER-7t3adpgd- :

Jug, Menu, left arrow, right arrow

Michael :

what happens if you press menu?

Michael :

any different display?

JACUSTOMER-7t3adpgd- :

nothing happens when any button, or combination of buttons is pressed

Michael :

these were made to function differently

Michael :

do you have the user manual?

JACUSTOMER-7t3adpgd- :

yes, been through it, to no avail

Michael :

ok, try pressing each button one at a time and hold it in for up to 10 seconds, let me know if there is any response?

JACUSTOMER-7t3adpgd- :

OK - Back in a min.

Michael :

ok;-)

JACUSTOMER-7t3adpgd- :

tried that - no joy!

Michael :

If that doesn't work you can try any two buttons the same way or call for that:

Customer Care

24 hours, 7 days a week
08000 886 605

Michael :

they can tell you, if the units main board id the problem which I doubt now that you mention the kids lol we can work on that

Michael :

if you rate kindly before closing this page I will set us up on Q & A so we don't lose each other no additional cost to rate;-)

JACUSTOMER-7t3adpgd- :

Thanks, ***** ***** as well - looks as if I'll have to get a F & P engineer over to replace the main control board! Seems strange that there is not even a fault code showing. Any idea about approx cost of the offending item?

Michael :

I still think it may be just locked, try the unplugging idea

Michael :

the part is about $160.00

Michael :

but your fridge does have a safety lock and would do exactly what yours is doing if activated

JACUSTOMER-7t3adpgd- :

OK. I'll rate you now and let you know if I have any success later. Thanks for your time.

Michael :

luggedit may reset when unplugged

Michael, Customer Service replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Andy Im here when you need me.
Let me know how it all goes.
Thanks Tech Michael