Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

How do I reverse the door opening on a FFUL1913 please. the

How do I reverse the door opening on a FFUL1913 please. the middle bracket looks fully reversible but the top bracket and bottom bracket are different shapes/sizes so appear not to be. So do I have to order left opening bracket pack before I can reverse them?
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

When you remove the top and bottom hinges you will see the metal pin in the hinge. This unscrews from the hinge so when you remove the hinge yo swap it to the over side and turn it upside down and then you can refit the pin into the hinge from the other side.

Its the same with the bottom hinge. But when you remove the bottom hinge theres a metal plate behind plastic frame which slides out from the bottom and swap it to the other side.

So basically you need to open the fridge door and and remove the cap on the top above the hinge and yo can use a screwdriver and unscrew the pin in there and lift it out.

So try that as then you can refit the hinges from there.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Appreciate your description Daniel. I did remove the pin and indeed the brackets and thus doors. But have you actually done this specific model FFUL1913? The top and bottom bracket are handed i.e. right open only due to their shape. They are a different shape totally to each other too, so not just turn upside down and use top right at left bottom, etc. That's what I'd hoped it would be. But they are totally different to each other.

Yours glumly, Guy.

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Sorry Guy my fault i put wrong model number in service site which brought up that version that i said.

Just double checked it and you are correct you need to get left handed hinges for this.

The part numbers for the left hand hinge top is C00292418

And the part number for the bottom left hinge is C00293116

Sorry about the wrong info above. If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I know it's a bit of a off the top of your head kinda question, but any idea roughly on costs please? And do I go direct to Hotpoint or another spares type supplier for best?

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Ok for the parts copy and pastes the link below for the top hinge thats £7

http://www.buyspares.co.uk/search.pl?t=46918.7439824282&query=C00292418&x=21&y=13

But the bottom hinge isnt comming up so you may need to contact Hotpoint direct for that. Give them a bell and give them the part numbers as above and they will sort it for you and send them out. The bottom hinge will be roughly about £10