Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

, I have a hot point BFI 620 integrated dishwasher. If you

Hi, I have a hot point BFI 620 integrated dishwasher. If you select a wash mode, the machine goes for about 20 seconds then stops. The control panel shows led indicator 3 flashing. I have switched off and reset several times, no joy, any ideas any help please....
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi and thank you for choosing Just Answer.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient as these are technical questions that may require a bit of conversation to solve.
How old is your dishwasher?
Also does it sound normal when its running?
And can you tell what cycle the unit stops on?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's seven years old, it sounds normal for the 20 or so seconds that it runs, it's the normal pre amble just before the water starts jetting. Whatever cycle you select, it stops and the led light on the third cycle from the left (possibly rinse mode?) flashes.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi thanks Craig, there are a couple of things you need to check on this. One is to be sure the drain line isn't kinked or clogged all the way to the sink trap.
The other is make sure the water you use is hot when it comes out of the tap.
Try this, turn power off at the mains for your dishwasher for 15 minutes then turn it back on. Next run your sink water until it comes out very hot.
Then run the dishwasher let me know if that clears things up.
Also you need to check to see that the water inside the dishwasher is indeed very hot.
Its also possible that the heater or the thermostat is bad.
One thing that would help me narrow this down better is if you can tell me exactly which light is flashing when it stops.
Thank you Craig.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hot water done, no water is getting into the machine as it locks out before that stage, no kinks in outfall and the cycle light that flashes is the soak cycle, third led from left.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Craig, no water would cause this as well. Thanks for letting me know that.
The first thing to check that power is getting to the water valve(electrically operated valve) below the dishwasher.Its connected by thin tubing to the water supply and enters the bottom of the dishwasher.
If you have power there when the unit is supposed to be filling, then you need to replace that water valve (solenoid). it connects simply with a wiring clip. More than likley this part has failed as its pretty common to go after so many years.
Its easy to replace and I will assist you if you need me.
The best place for you to get that is Espares. They are reliable and usually ship the same day you call;-)
I have included their contact information for your convenience.
I will stick with you until this is fixed, please don’t forget to rate my service to you before you close this page. I will be available to you at no additional cost , you can then get in touch with me anytime by simply replying to this message.
Thank you and have a great weekend Craig.
Tech Michael
Craig please call Espares:
Sales/Parts:
0844 9777 888
After sales
0333 4007 888
Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 4pm, or 10am to 4pm on Bank Holidays
Outside the UK? Call us on: +44 (0) 20 7717 5046.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok, will give that some attention tomorrow, thanks for now.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
You are more than welcome, please rate at this point in time, I will be here for you whenever you need me, no additional cost also to rate my service to you today;-)
Tech Michael