Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Heating and hot water heating appliances experienced
77408428

Hotpoint gas cooker model GW74P The main oven does not reach

Hotpoint gas cooker model GW74P The main oven does not reach full heat, only about gas Mk 4. I have changed the thermostat control and just a few days ago, the flame safe control, both Hotpoint replacement parts. They have not made any difference to the heat. All the other burners, grill and top oven work. I also fitted a new Calor gas regulator. The temperature change occurred very quickly rather than a gradual change. Any help wound be appreciated.
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 2 years ago.
Plumberpro :

Hi ,could be slight blockage in the line .disconnect both ends and hoover to pull through

Customer:

I have blown through the lines with an air line and sucked and blown through t

Customer:

the lower line to the jet a possible particle from there. Will know if it has work]ed when we cook the meal this evening.

Plumberpro :

.

Customer:

The above didn't make any difference so this morning I removed the jet and gave it a good poke through with the tip of a jewelers round file. Possibly too much poking as now the flame is perhaps a little too high but it proves that I have found the problem. The temperature control works and reduces the flame but as we don't have a thermometer we can't verify the temperature. I have a set of new Calor gas jets so I will replace it with a new one.

Customer:

Thank you for your advice but I should have checked the jet in the first place before I started to replace the non defective parts..

Customer:

Could you tell me the number of the correct jet in case I can't read the number on the old jet I intend to replace.?

Plumberpro :

http://www.bec-components.co.uk/?_n=Cooker+(gas)/Hotpoint;_s=1921

Plumberpro :

Hi , give these a call these, ask for the lpg jet, and they will send it to you. Won't be around Monday to ring for you

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I had a spare set of jets and replaced the defective one and it works perfectly now. Thanks for help.