George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

belling cooker model number B170FP top oven comes on but with

belling cooker model number B170FP top oven comes on but with no fan noise heats up to temperature but then switches off then unable to switch back on.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting any responses as I'm not constantly available.

Can you tell me the model number of this appliance please... The model number will be on a data plate underneath the main oven housing on this appliance.

Customer:

hi George, ian here model number is *****(###) ###-####recently fitted new fan and motor to main oven as that stopped working. main oven is fine now but now we have problem with top oven . cooker is only about three years old.control knobs on fascia start to get hot due to problem and that's when top oven switches off.

George-Allsorts :

Thanks for the further info...

What is happening here is that the cavity cooling fan is not working.. because this is not working the cavity is getting too hot and the Thermal Limiter is tripping.. This cuts the power to the oven

George-Allsorts :

You will need to replace the thermal cut-out and find the cause of the fan not working.. This could be the fan itself.. If this is the case then you'll need to replace the fan too

George-Allsorts :

Looking at the model, there is a Fan Over-run PCB that could also cause the problem with the fan not working

Customer:

hi George is it a straight forward job to replace the thermal cut out and fan. the main oven fan was quite easy to replace

George-Allsorts :

The thermal limiter is two screws and two wires and is usually on the top of the top oven, but is sometimes found on the back of the top oven.

The fan over-run board is under the hob of the cooker

The fan is usually 4 screws and 3 wires and is at the top rear of the cooker..

No real problems in changing any of these parts

George-Allsorts :

I can get you part numbers if you wish?

Customer:

hi George part numbers would be a great help. thanks

George-Allsorts :

One moment

Customer:

thanks George for your help. hopefully will have a go myself keeping my fingers firmly crossed while I attempt it. excellent service, cheers George.

George-Allsorts :

You're very welcome