Gary
Gary, Handyman
Experience:  25 yrs experiance in home related repairs..This includes carpentry, electrical, plumbing, appliances
3714457

luna 1400 cant get water to work cleaningchecked

Customer Question

luna 1400 cant get water to work for carpet cleaning
checked water supply and conections
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.

Hello there,

Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.

Adam

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

still like an answer or cancel

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Adam

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thank you for using Just Answer ...

I'm sorry it has taken awhile for your question to get a response, but I'm here to help. I do have some questions for you that I need answered ... first when your machine is plugged it, can you run the pump separately from the vacuums suction? If so, can you hear your pump work?

If you can get back to me on this then we can go onto the next step.

Gary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

the water light only works when vacuum suction on

cant hear pump over vac noise

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no the pump starter don't work with out the vacuum on

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about being a little late with your reply. I been under the weather and haven't been moving much. If you have a light on, there could be a chance that the pump is working and a very good chance that the "tip" of the discharge hoze is plugged. Not knowing if your water feed line is clear or not, pour some water into the clean water discharge hoze and see if it comes out ... if it does then we know the spray "tip" is clear.
This will also give you the chance to check the water valve as well. The pump can carry water to the control valve, however the valve may be stuck and not opening.

If what I mentioned above doesn't work then there is going to be one of two things you can do to figure out what it's doing. Just because the "water light" comes on doesn't necessary mean that your pump is working. With a voltage meter you can see if you have power going to your pump and this can be done in a couple of steps.

1) set your meter on "OHM" so you can read continunity without having the vac. plugged in. Here you can go over every wire from the switch to the pump it's self. If it shows that you are receiveing continunity, then there is no breakage and the pump should receive electricity when you call for it.
2) If you can, see if you can turn the pump over manually without plugging it in ... if it spins freely then it has all the signs that it should work.

Once you have this done, the next thing to look for is to see if your waterline is plugged between the pump and where you attached your extended hoze. After use and if these machines don't get drained properly the water will eventually disapate, however the soap and chemical residue will remain in the lines. Then, when you want to use this attachement again, the "fresh" water will pick up these particles and deposit them into smaller openings thus plugging your machine. Now the best way is to start at the pump discharge and disconnect the hose from there and see if the pump is pushing out water. It isn't the dryest way of doing things, but most effective. Just use enough water (enough for the pump to pick up and discharge), turn the unit on and see if it shoots out water. Please note that depending on how old your unit is, the water may gravity drain. If this is the case, then you'll have to pour enough water into the tank thus giving you enough time to turn it on and see if water is coming out by force or not. (If you have help, this would be the best time to use them so they can turn the unit on and off faster)

If you get no forced water coming out of the pressure side of the pump then your pump is bad. This despite if the pump moves freely or not. If you get forced water, then your outlet water line is plugged between the pump and where you attach your extended hoze too.

If you have any questions, by all means come back and ask. I will be more than happy to help you out. I wish you the best.

Gary