Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

How do you replace the control knobs on a Blomberg hkn9310Z

Customer Question

How do you replace the control knobs on a Blomberg hkn9310Z cooker
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi and thank you for choosing Just Answer.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient as these are technical questions that may require a bit of conversation to solve.
Is it just the outside knobs you need to replace or the entire control(s) the knob is attached to?
Also how old is your cooker?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I think it's the knob, the switches and controls seem to function OK but the knobs should pop out when pressed but one is permanently stuck in and another has become sort of sticky.

The cooker is a current model and maybe 5 years old

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Thanks John,
the problem with this one is the control that the plastic knob is connected to. The spring that makes it pop out is in the control. But its pretty easy to replace any bad ones with my help if you are a bit handy and have some basic tools.
I would buy the control knob assemblies one for each you want to replace, the best place to get them is listed below.
I will stick with you until this is fixed, please don’t forget to rate my service to you before you close this page. I will be available to you at no additional cost , you can then get in touch with me anytime by simply replying to this message.
Thank you and have a great weekend John
Tech Michael
John please contact: Partmaster
0344(###) ###-####
Contact Centre opening times
Monday - Friday 9am - 6pm
Saturday 9am - 4pm
Sunday Closed
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks I am handy and have a good set of tools, but I couldn't see how to remove the knobs.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

All I need now is some guidance on how to access and remove the knobs when I remove them I should imagine it will be obvious how they go back?

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi John
there really isn't too much else to remove so it should be easy to remember. Also if you do one at a time, you will be able to see how the others are installed;-)
Another good idea is to take pictures as you go, then you can refer to them in the future for re assembly.
The front knobs should just pull off, and there you should see a mounting. Let me know if you do.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

When you say they pull off how do I pull the one that is stuck in???

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Partmaster don't have the parts so off to Blomberg themselves

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hmmmm, Blomberg say parts very rarely fail and will therefore have to be ordered from Turkey and will take at least 30 days. I may feel a new cooker coming on!

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi John, thats true they make a good product but parts will fail sometimes so its your choice here on this one. But you can try Turkey and see how long they will take, it may not be as bad as you think;-)
Please keep me informed!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK it's working again, with all knobs popped out. I tried to pull a knob off but gave up when the level of force got to the point where I was worried about further damage. So I need better guidance on how to remove and replace the knobs, which I will order tomorrow.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi thats good, I will help you when you are ready , I should be here most of the day tomorrow;-)
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

All I need now is to understand how the knobs come off. Either there's a pin to release the knob from the shaft, they sure as hell won't pull off the shaft, or I have to take the top off the cooker and get at it from inside as far as I can see, which is it?

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi John,
They may have changed the knob mount they used to just pull off.
Look between the knob and the fascia to see if there is a clip pr a pin that needs to be removed. If its a clip you will need a metal dental pick to remove that clip. If its a pin you would need to push the pin out with a small pin press.
Please let me know what you find there.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Many thanks, ***** ***** a look when I get a moment.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Your welcome John please keep me posted.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Just to close this one off, the knobs duly arrived from Turkey and they do indeed just pull of with a little determination. Two new ones fitted and all working as far as I can tell. Many thanks for your help and patience.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi John, your are very welcome happy to help;-)
Have a great day!
Tech Michael
No further response required.