George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a Bosch Wash+Dry LogiXx 7/4. The door won't open and

Customer Question

I have a Bosch Wash+Dry LogiXx 7/4. The door won't open and the release tag (bottom of machine isnt doing anything. The door handle is loose like it's broken.
Is there another way to open the door?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Michael :

Hi when you try to set the door to open, doe it make the electrical sound like its unlocking?

JACUSTOMER-24kp6dng- : No. When you put it on you hear the lock sound but there's n sound of it unlocking when a cycle ends
Michael :

thanks for that

Michael :

This is a failed door lock mechanism. This model has quite a few that fail, how old is your washer dryer?

JACUSTOMER-24kp6dng- : It's about 3 yrs old
Michael :

its pretty easy to replace if you are handy and have a few basic tools

Michael :

thank you

Michael :

at this point if the emergency tag wont open the door you can simply break the lock to get in as its really the only way to get in now

JACUSTOMER-24kp6dng- : How do I open the door?
JACUSTOMER-24kp6dng- : Ok
Michael :

you can pull on the door near the latch until it snaps as silly as that sounds, but the latching mech needs to be replaced anyway

Michael :

I will giude you with the repair on this if you need me

JACUSTOMER-24kp6dng- : Where do I get the replacement parts from?
Michael :

that will save you a bundle in labor

Michael :

the best place to get the replacement lock assembly and door latch is Espares, please call them for that

JACUSTOMER-24kp6dng- : I just heard it make an unlock sound. The door symbol is lit but it won't open.
Michael :

0844 9777 888 they usually ship the same day you call and have great reliable parts and low cost as well;-)

Michael :

yes thats a good thing, that means the main board is ok

Michael :

that board would be over $200.00

Michael :

but luckily you dont need that part.

JACUSTOMER-24kp6dng- : Ok. How do I contact you to do the repair?
Michael :

if you rate my service as Ok or better before closing this page I will set us to Q & A and send you a message so you can contact me anytime no additional cost.

Michael :

are you here still?

JACUSTOMER-24kp6dng- : Yes. Will do now. Thanks
Michael :

you are very welcome;-)

Michael :

once you rate I can change our status to Q & A

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Please rate at this time ;-)
Tech Michael
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
If the problem is: "The door handle is loose like it's broken"Pull the machine outDisconnect the powerUndo the screws at the rear of the lid and remove the lidFrom the front of the appliance reach down the right side to the door lockFeel for the Pecker poking through the door lock and push it toward the center of the doorThe door will then openOnce you have got the door open you are then able to replace the necessary parts in the door that have broken and the interlock too if necessary
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi you could also do it that way. But I have fixed at least 50 of these so I am well versed in this repair. I wouldn't want you to have to do take it apart twice lol ;-) But once the door interlock is replaced it should work fine for many years to come.
I will be here to help you;-)
I will stick with you until this is fixed, please don’t forget to rate my service to you before you close this page. I will be available to you at no additional cost , you can then get in touch with me anytime by simply replying to this message.
Thank you and have a great Sunday!
Tech Michael
If the problem is: "The door handle is loose like it's broken" then it is likely that the pecker is dismounted for whatever reason..

Door parts can be very expensive and therefore should not be forced, but opened as per instruction from manufacturers for siezed interlocks .

Disconnect the power
Pull the machine out
Undo the screws at the rear of the lid and remove the lid
From the front of the appliance reach down the right side to the door lock
Remove the cover if applicable
Feel for the Pecker poking through the door lock and push it toward the center of the door
The door will then open without the need to smash the lock or other door parts
Once you have got the door open you are then able to replace the necessary parts in the door that have broken and if need be the interlock too