George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

zanussi ZD25/6D4 The thermostat seems to have stopped working

Customer Question

zanussi ZD25/6D4
The thermostat seems to have stopped working although the push button quick freeze still operates the system. Am I doing something wrong or is it likely that the thermostat and/or switch is faulty? I am in Spain and service is difficult in my area. Is it possible to change these parts myself ( I have an electrical background)? Help and thanks
Paul
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello Paul, my name is***** will try to assist you with the problem if you can answer me some questions.

Can you give me the PNC / Product number of the appliance

Can you tell me what is happening; you say Quick Freeze still operates if the button is used but you do not describe what happens if you do not use Quick Freeze

JACUSTOMER-3mow87dm- :

Hi George

George-Allsorts :

JACUSTOMER-3mow87dm- :

Product number ********* /p>

George-Allsorts :

I cant see that number... Can you put a # ***** befor the numbers so that I can see it

JACUSTOMER-3mow87dm- :

If I do not use quick freeze nothing happens and the temperature rises until everything melts. I have defrosted but no difference

JACUSTOMER-3mow87dm- :

Paul

George-Allsorts :

I cant see that product number... Can you put a # ***** before the numbers so that I can see it

JACUSTOMER-3mow87dm- :

#928381995

George-Allsorts :

Thanks for that... I should be able to access the parts lists soon.. In the meantime, how long did you defrost the freezer for?

JACUSTOMER-3mow87dm- :

Two hours approx. until perfectly clean and dry

George-Allsorts :

So, when you press the QF button the appliance switches on and with the compressor running, is the fan in the freezer working?

JACUSTOMER-3mow87dm- :

Fan in fridge works. No fan in freezer compartment

George-Allsorts :

Sorry.. mis-type.. So the fan is working and not restricted.. Good

Is it just that without the pressing of the QF button, you do not hear the system switch back on that is the problem?

Once you have put the system onto QF, and you have left it on QF until it starts to freeze the freezer correctly, do you then start to get cool air into the fridge, or is the fridge still warm?

JACUSTOMER-3mow87dm- :

No with the QF on both fridge and freezer cool.

George-Allsorts :

OK.. I was just making sure that the thermostat was the problem and nothing else..

You FF is the type with the light on the right hand side with the thermostat knob in the light holder is it not?

JACUSTOMER-3mow87dm- :

yes

George-Allsorts :

This is the part K59L1000

and this is the structure of the holder.. ie. where to fit it.. The part is the one labelled 3

Full Size Image

George-Allsorts :

Very easy to change

George-Allsorts :

Do you need instruction on how to change it or is the diagram self explanatory?

JACUSTOMER-3mow87dm- :

Thank you for your help

George-Allsorts :

very welcomeYou're

George-Allsorts :

You're very welcome