George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

, My Bosch EXXCEL 7 condenser dryer is showing a F12

My Bosch EXXCEL 7 condenser dryer is showing a F12 error code, bleeping and not operating. any help will be much appreciated.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting any responses as I'm not constantly available.

Can you tell me the ENR and FD from inside the door opening please

Customer:

Hello George,

George-Allsorts :

Hi there

Customer:

ENR WTW863S1GB/13 FD ********** /p>

George-Allsorts :

Thanks for the ENR .. I can't see the FD you have typed, however, I don't think I need it as F12 on the WTW series is indicative of a short in the heater

George-Allsorts :

Can you check this and come back to me?

Customer:

FD 9309 200082

George-Allsorts :

Thanks for the rest of that code.. I can't find the fault information on the system I have here.. I can come back to you tomorrow once I am in work if that is ok with you? Otherwise I can open the question to see if another engineer can assist you sooner.

Customer:

tomorrow's fine, thanks George.

George-Allsorts :

Hi again, I did need the code, so it is good that you had it available. There is bad news but that is followed by some good news..

The bad news is that the F12 means that the programmed card in your appliance has lost its variant program information and will need reprogramming... (Only Bosch Programme Engineers can do this)

The Good News: Your appliance is still under a warranty by Bosch until September of this year; I have spoken to them and they are expecting a call from you.

You can ring them on #0344-892-8989 to arrange for an engineer to call to reprogram or replace the module at fault.. Remember to have the ENR & FD when you call

Customer:

Cheers ***** ***** spoken to Bosch and arranged an engineer visit (earliest they can do is next Tuesday!). Thanks for your help.