Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

. I have already asked a question and am waiting

Customer Question

Hello. I have already asked a question and am waiting for a reply. My question is regarding an AEG frost free freezer Serial number SCN71800SO. The fridge has become warm, even though the thermostat reads 5 degrees. The freezer part works perfectly well. I have already tried turning off the fridge for 8 hrs and turning back on, which has had no effect. Will defrosting the freezer and then turning the whole thing back on make any difference?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

Andy ~ can you let me have the product code for your appliance, it may be listed as a pnc or product code and should be on the rating label ~ Ian

Customer : Hi, am at work at moment but product code is in my original question,
Dales-Electronic :

That is not the product number Andy it might be the serial number or model number ~ need the product code ~ Ian

Customer :

Hi Ian, sorry about delay in reply, just got in. pnc is ********* 02. Thanks

Dales-Electronic :

Hi again, could you send that to me again but put a # ***** front of the pnc the system thinks you are trying to send me your telephone number and has blanked it out

Customer :

Hi, its #925697716-02. Cheers Andy

Dales-Electronic :

OK Andy ~ with this model all the cooling comes from the freezer and is ducted into the fridge, if the freezer cooling plate freezes up or the baffle that allows cold air into the fridge fails then you have no cooling in the fridge area. You need to clear your freezer area and defrost it fully, then restart it and see if that cures you problem. Once you have done this come back to me ~ Ian

Customer : Thanks Ian, will do. This may take a while obviously, I will let you know what happens.
Experience: I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Ian, just so you don't think I've forgotten you, am waiting for my wife to empty freezer into somewhere else so that we can defrost. Sincerely Andy

No worries Andy I am on most late afternoons and early evening, ping me when your ready to go ~ Ian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ian, just to say thanks very much for your excellent advice. fridge back to its normal self. Thanks again Andy.

Keep an eye on it Andy, if it reoccurs give me a ping as you might have a defrosting problem ~ Ian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you Ian, I will definitely do that.

.