George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Dimplex Ventosa When switched on the bot***** *****ght works

Customer Question

Dimplex Ventosa
When switched on the bot***** *****ght works fine then the filament heats up until it gets red and seems to automatically switch off. I can't hear any fan movement. Pls let me know if you have any suggestions
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting any responses as I'm not constantly available.

Can you tell me the age of the product please.. ie. How long you have had it...

Also, can you tell me the serial number if it is available to you.. This is normally on the rating plate

JACUSTOMER-lnshdl51- :

hi George - It's just over a year old I believe - unfortunately the appliance is in another property so I can't access to the serial number today. Item is 17 months old

George-Allsorts :

Thanks for that...

The problem obviously is that the heat distribution fan is not working and therefore when the element switches on the thermal protection is coming into play..

I will speak to the manufacturer to ask what they are willing to do for you and to check the warranty length for this product.. and hopefully meanwhile you can access the serial number.

JACUSTOMER-lnshdl51- :

ok many tks George. How do we resume this chat tomorrow?

George-Allsorts :

You can try find me using the link you have.. Alternatively, you can rate the assistance given today and this way the system will lock you to me, in which case you just go to My Questions and I'll be in there.

JACUSTOMER-lnshdl51- :

ok many tks

George-Allsorts :

You're very welcome

Hi Robin.. Did you manage to get the serial number? Also, the manufacturers have asked if you still have purchase information.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi George. the serial number is ***** I can sacn you over the purchase invoice if you like - can I send by email?

Hi Robin..

The manufacturer has given me a reference for you to contact them with a view to replacement of the appliance ..

Please contact me by call or text to my work mobile #07787182156

I can not leave the reference here online as the reference is for you only.

regards

George