Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a bosch dishwasher model Exxcel SMS50E, I get an

Customer Question

Hi I have a bosch dishwasher model Exxcel SMS50E, I get an error code 21 I have done some research and feel the fault relates to the circulation pump. The machine fills and empties ok. I have the side panels and kick plate removed and I can see the circulation pump, but I can not see an easy way to remove the pump. Do I need to strip the machine further to get full access to the pump or can it be removed in the small tight space.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi and thank you for choosing Just Answer.
I am Tech Michael, and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient as these are technical questions that may require a bit of conversation to solve.
the pump can be removed by laying the dishwasher on its back.
its pretty easy to do once you have it laying down;-)
As for the error you are getting yes that is the drain pump.
A good source for that pump is Esapres, below is their contact information.Its best to call them for this pump, also they ship the same day you call in most cases.
I will stick with you until this is fixed, please don’t forget to rate my service to you before you close this page. I will be available to you at no additional cost , you can then get in touch with me anytime by simply replying to this message.
Thank you and have a great day !
Tech Michael
Please call Espares:
Sales/Parts
0844 9777 888
After sales
0333 4007 888
Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 4pm, or 10am to 4pm on Bank Holidays
Outside the UK? Call us on: +44 (0) 20 7717 5046.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi thanks for the information so far, the drain is working fine the error for the drain pump is E24.

Once I lie the machine on it's back do you know how to remove the base, I can't see any screws, or does it just clip, do I need to remove the spring pulley from the door.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Peter thanks,
The circulation pump should be fine.
Once you have the machine on its back, look around for a small electric motor connected with a wiring clip. it will be in line with the drain line;-)
Please rate kindly at this time, no additional cost and I will remain with you until its working.
Thank you and have a wonderful day;-)
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi are you able to tell me how to remove the base and get the pump out. I await your reply.

Petet

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Peter, I'm having internet issues for some reason today reaching my database. Please be patient.
But the drain pump should be visible when the dishwasher is on its back, can you locate it?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No problem I am sure it will be back on line soon.

You keep referring to the drain pump, my problem is not the drain pump it is the circulation pump.

I know where the circulation pump is I can see it but i can't figure out how to remove it.

As you say purhaps I need to remove the base of the machine, but at the moment I am waiting for you to tell me how to remove the base. I assume you have access to the guides for this machine, if you are looking on the internet there is nothing there I spent hours at the weekend looking.

Peter

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Peter lol, I'm sorry I mean the circulation pump.
Its attached to the bottom of the unit from underneath.
But what was the main reason you suspect the circulation pump?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The machine filled with water in the normal way and then it sound like the pump trys to start, then error code 21 is displayed. I suspected the pump was blocked.

All that said I managed to get the pump out today and it was indeed blocked. I removed the blockage from the impeller and reassembled the machine and it is all working.

The pump was a pain to get out I am sure there must have been an easier way.

Many thanks for your time and help.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Peter, no, that one is a bit of a pain lol.
Did you get the new pump in yet?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi sorry yes it is all working and fixed. You can close the call.

Peter.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Awesome have a great day!
No further response is needed;-)
Tech Michael