Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have a 15 year old AEG Favorit 64800 dishwasher which has

I have a 15 year old AEG Favorit 64800 dishwasher which has stopped working part way through the wash cycle with a code AL3:
Can you tell me which part is faulty?
An engineer has said it is not the heater but it may be the circuit board which is not now available. Is this correct?
Tim Bunce
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Can you tell me did he test the heater with a meter?

Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I think so but I think there was some question of power not getting through to it at some stage. Sorry to be vague.

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi Tim

No thats fine
If he tested it and said there was no power getting to it, then its definately the main board.
I have just checked at all the wholesalers and Im sorry to say no one is listing tis part.

If it makes it any easier, if the part was available it would be a ridiculous price, probably over £200 so it would make it not really a viable repair

Sorry its not good news