George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

there. I am not familiar with your service, but I have a

Customer Question

Hi there. I am not familiar with your service, but I have a problem with my Bosch oven.
Most nights (between 10pm and 11pm), the clock flashes and it makes a noise like a pinball machine. Any suggestions? I have tried powering it off and back on, but does not help.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** you please let me know the ENR and FD numbers from the data Plate beside the oven opening please

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.

JACUSTOMER-gf0w9x2e- :

Hi George,

JACUSTOMER-gf0w9x2e- :

The ENT is: HBM43S550A

JACUSTOMER-gf0w9x2e- :

The FD is: 9206 000148

JACUSTOMER-gf0w9x2e- :

Te oven is less than three years old.

George-Allsorts :

Hello...

Are there any symbols illuminated on the display?

JACUSTOMER-gf0w9x2e- :

Hi there. Sorry for the break. No, there are no symbols on the display illuminated. Just the clock.

George-Allsorts :

When you say the clock flashes; can you give a little more detail about this.. ie. Is it flashing the time, a series of 0000's, or something else?

Also, at the time it is flashing, is there any symbols showing?

JACUSTOMER-gf0w9x2e- :

Hi George. The clock flashes in time with the pinging noise. It flashes the time. There are no symbols showing.

George-Allsorts :

Can you get a notepad and do the following for me... press the clock button to the center left of the panel

The brackets should be enclosing the bell symbol now... What are you getting in the display

Then press it again... What are you getting in the display

Then a third time... What are you getting in the display

Then lastly a forth time (What is showing in the whole screen?)

George-Allsorts :

I'm sure you already know, but, since I have said press rather than touch, I will mention it.. Sensors are located under the individual buttons; they must not be pressed too firmly, just touch the corresponding symbol that you need and it will react.

JACUSTOMER-gf0w9x2e- :

1) Press clock button. Brackets enclose bell and display is 00:00

JACUSTOMER-gf0w9x2e- :

2) Press again. Brackets on a 3/4 clock (next symbol along) and 00:00 on the display

JACUSTOMER-gf0w9x2e- :

3) Press a third time. Brackets enclose the next clock symbol along and display shows current time (19:54)

JACUSTOMER-gf0w9x2e- :

4) Press again. Brackets enclose final clock symbol. Display shows current time.

JACUSTOMER-gf0w9x2e- :

Is that what you mean?

JACUSTOMER-gf0w9x2e- :

I am standing by the oven now, just in case.

George-Allsorts :

Hello.. This is what I meant..

Can I ask, have you had a power cut at around 10pm at all recently?

JACUSTOMER-gf0w9x2e- :

No, not that I am aware of

JACUSTOMER-gf0w9x2e- :

I certainly haven't had to reset clocks or anything. So, maybe a power surge.

JACUSTOMER-gf0w9x2e- :

I did turn the oven off at the mains and then switch back on to see if that would fix it.

George-Allsorts :

I did read that you had done this... I would have otherwise have asked you to turn off for 10 mins to reset everything

George-Allsorts :

Im just routing through my information on your appliance to see if there would be any other trigger for this issue

JACUSTOMER-gf0w9x2e- :

Well that was only a couple of days ago. It did ping again that night.

JACUSTOMER-gf0w9x2e- :

Yes, it is certainly a strange problem.

JACUSTOMER-gf0w9x2e- :

Doesn't seem to effect the cooking, thankfully.

George-Allsorts :

Ok..At about 10pm in the evening the power saving mode kicks in on the clock and everything dimms.. This is obviously triggering the fault...

If this is the case, and I would be 99% sure of this, then you will need to change the clock to solve the issue, as the problem is software chip related.

The replacement clock part number for the clock in your appliance is 00750079

George-Allsorts :

DISCOUNT
When you get to the Checkout page.. To the left of the 'Pay by Card' button there is a link to allow you to enter a discount code.. Click on it and enter the discount code __ id1975 __ to get a discount

George-Allsorts :

--------------------
You can test this by watching the fault through a series of nights.. If the clock dimms then the bell wont ring, if the clock doesn't dimm then the bell will ring.. You get the jist

George-Allsorts :

This wont affect your cooking, unless the clock fails completely.. then you will have to change it..

This would be an annoyance, but what you could do is to power down the oven at night; however, this would mean that you would need to constantly reset the clock on powering up the oven each day

George-Allsorts :

Your thoughts?

JACUSTOMER-gf0w9x2e- :

Interesting.

JACUSTOMER-gf0w9x2e- :

I will definitely watch it over the next few nights.

JACUSTOMER-gf0w9x2e- :

I do think it is something to do with the clock. Just didn't want to have to replace the clock (The clock went on my previous oven and it was going to cost as much to replace the clock as the oven!).

George-Allsorts :

I have just discussed this with bosch and they are of the same opinion

JACUSTOMER-gf0w9x2e- :

Yes, it is an annoyance and perhaps powering down on those nights when it will cause greatest annoyance (like when guests are over) might be at least a temporary fix.

JACUSTOMER-gf0w9x2e- :

OK. Thanks very much for that.

George-Allsorts :

I will answer that in a second... but first, can you tell me; when you noticed the clock flashing, was it also flickering?

JACUSTOMER-gf0w9x2e- :

Ah, that is a bit subtle. It certainly goes on and off.

JACUSTOMER-gf0w9x2e- :

And the going on and off is quick. It literally "pings" on and off.

George-Allsorts :

Not just flashing on and off, but flickering too

JACUSTOMER-gf0w9x2e- :

Yes, I think that is an accurate statement. (I may need to watch more closely tonight)

George-Allsorts :

We are wondering if the issue is with the software on the clock or the power to the relay on the clock

JACUSTOMER-gf0w9x2e- :

OK. I think flickering is descriptive. I will watch more closely tonight!

JACUSTOMER-gf0w9x2e- :

What is the difference if it is the software or the relay?

George-Allsorts :

Either way it is the clock. Flickering will require you to change the clock, but if it is lack of, or disrupted power to the relay, then there are firms that can repair the clocks

George-Allsorts :

Sorry... Replace the word flickering with Software issues

JACUSTOMER-gf0w9x2e- :

Understand.

George-Allsorts :

OK... I'll leave it with you for now..

Can I ask you to now take time to assist me by clicking on the smiley faces that you can now see... This will help me as it rates my assistance with your problems ...

Once rated, the screen will change to Q&A , but you will still be able to chat with me further on this.

JACUSTOMER-gf0w9x2e- :

Sure, no problem. Glad that I can chat further though. Just in case I see something tonight.

JACUSTOMER-gf0w9x2e- :

Is there a way I can save the chat?

JACUSTOMER-gf0w9x2e- :

(Just want to send to my husband)

George-Allsorts :

I would not have asked you if the situation were anything other... It has been good chatting to you

George-Allsorts :

Let me try

JACUSTOMER-gf0w9x2e- :

That's OK. I have just cut and paste and it seems to look OK.

JACUSTOMER-gf0w9x2e- :

Thanks for all your help.

Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair

You are very welcome Keri.. I'll chat with you when you return tomorrow