KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

I have zanussi FS1555W washing machine purchased 10/09/2005

I have zanussi FS1555W washing machine purchased 10/09/2005 I have to day expearanced my first problem ie
Having loaded my washing pluging in to the power turning on the water at sauce all appropriate lights are shining ???????? water dose not flow machine dose not start all quiet except for a spasmotic clunk -- clunk every 3/4 seconds.
Question? what is wrong? is it repairable? is it worth repairing? what would be the cost? I live in Worcestershire who can economicaly repair the machine
Thank you in respect for your reply.. little oldage pensioner
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.
KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

Does this washer have a time display or a rotary dial ?

Customer:

rotary dial

Customer:

So

Customer:

So whot do you think

KevinWhiteJA :

OK, please unplug it for few minutes, then plug it back and switch it on any programme... After this press and hold the START/PAUSE and the nearest option button together...after this is done start/pause and end of cycle leds will flash.

First count the number of flashes between the pauses from the end of cycle and then count the number of flashes between pauses from the start light.

KevinWhiteJA :

let me know number of flashes

Customer:

Kevin your instructions have been carried out all multipal lights are constant flashing clunking still persisting

KevinWhiteJA :

OK if you have tried the instructions correctly then it seems the control is not responding and that will need replacement

Customer:

Kevin thank you, where do we go from here, would you please respond to the questions

KevinWhiteJA :

yes sorry for the delay

KevinWhiteJA :

where is that clunking sound coming from ?

Customer:

Sorry Kevin it's coming from the control panel wher we push to start I think I don't know

KevinWhiteJA :

OK, a new control board will cost around £130 and you can buy it from here

KevinWhiteJA :

are you willing to repair this yourself

Customer:

NO

KevinWhiteJA :

OK, looking at the age of this washer it is better to buy a new one then to spend £180 in repairs

KevinWhiteJA :

if you still want to get the control replaced then let me know so that I can recommend someone in Worcestershire

Customer:

Many thanks Kevin, we got there in the end , 10 year old machine worth £20 we will replace from J Lewis I think unless you can sugest a better sauce

KevinWhiteJA :

You can check with currys as well

KevinWhiteJA :

You can get back to me if you need any assistance and I will help with no additional charges....Excellent feedback is appreciated if you are satisfied with my assistance :)