KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

I have an indesit idl40. It starts up, fills with water, heats

I have an indesit idl40. It starts up, fills with water, heats the water and goes through the wash cycle. Then the machine does not move to the next stage, ie does not rinse and pump water out. After a couple of minutes the first two lights start flashing.
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.
KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

How old is it ?

Customer:

Approx 5 years

KevinWhiteJA :

OK, it seems the drain pump is blocked ... please unplug the appliance then remove the base plate and then clean it completely .... you can also take it out and lay it on its back by around 45 degrees so that excess water comes out ... after you have cleaned it completely then try it again...please let me know how it goes

Customer:

Ok I'm in work at the moment and will not be able to work on the dishwasher until I get home this evening. How do I get in touch with you tomorrow if this doesn't solve the problem.

KevinWhiteJA :

Hopefully cleaning will solve the problem ... we can leave this chat open till the time you have cleaned it ...If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks