George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Do I have to remove the polystyrene from round the back of

Do I have to remove the polystyrene from round the back of my indesit dishwasher?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** you explain your question in a little more detail please... I am assuming you have just bought a new diswasher and are removing the packaging.. If this is the case, the answer is yes.

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.

Customer:

The polystyrene I'm talking about is along the top & sides at the back holding the tub. To remove it I would have to unscrew the lid.

George-Allsorts :

No.. That polystyrene is there for sound dampening.. That stays inside the appliance.

Customer:

Thanks George I thought so but wasn't totally sure