KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

when i try to turn it on the time delay lights are flashing,

when i try to turn it on the time delay lights are flashing, and it will not start
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 1 year ago.
KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

Please tell me its complete model number

Customer:

.hi i await a response to my question. When i try to start my zanusi washing machine the time delay lights keep fllashing nd it wiLl not start.zanussi essential 1400 6kg number ZWF4070WI partly worn off

Customer:

i await a reply to my question

Customer:

hi kevin I cant see your answer

KevinWhiteJA :

OK, Lets check if we can get any error code out of the unit...To do this turn the dial to any setting and let it light up...After this is done press and hold the start button and the button to the left. Keep them held in for several seconds then the led's will go out. Now the start light and the end light will be flashing. Please count the total number of flashes from each the start light and the end light between the pause and let me know.

KevinWhiteJA :

just sent let me know if you can see it now

KevinWhiteJA :

I think the model number is ***** correct ... nothing comes up with that model number

KevinWhiteJA :

should be zwf 14070 w ..

Customer:

I can see your reply now just going to try it. ZWF_ 4078W_ this number is ***** the start button and is partly worn off> three flashe of 3 6 and 9 hour delay lights for each starat light

KevinWhiteJA :

so both start and end light flashes three times ?

KevinWhiteJA :

sorry I dont understand

Customer:

there is no end light, the delay button is above the start button and the button to the left of the start button is auto half load> when I hold both buttons in the lights go off and then each one lights in sequence again for each flash of the start button..

Customer:

sorry end light is above the start button and it is not coming on at all.

Customer:

model number inside the door ZWF14070W1

Customer:

series 84000922 PrN. ********* 300)

KevinWhiteJA :

ok, please unplug the washer... plug it back and try again

KevinWhiteJA :

if still it wont work

Customer:

still not working

KevinWhiteJA :

OK, have you already tried to clean the drain pump filter ?

Customer:

yes nothing in there

Customer:

ooops it just kicked in shall I leave it running

KevinWhiteJA :

yes please

KevinWhiteJA :

seems like something is stuck in there

Customer:

well it has filled with water and seems to be running ok

KevinWhiteJA :

if the problem appears again then follow this procedure to reset the control:
unplug the washer and plug it back after few minutes...then turn the dial to off and close the door...after this press and hold the start button and button to the left of it together and while holding these buttons turn the dial 1 click clockwise

KevinWhiteJA :

the lights will then flash and after you release the buttons the lights will start scrolling....turn the dial slowly clockwise to off ... after this select any program and then turn it off

KevinWhiteJA :

then try it again after few minutes ... let me know how it goes

Customer:

thankyou kevin

KevinWhiteJA :

You're welcome...you can get back to me if you need any assistance and I will help with no additional charges....Excellent feedback is appreciated if you are satisfied with my assistance :)

KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Worked on appliances for more than 15 years