Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a beko DCU8230 condenser tumble dryer. It was tripping

Customer Question

I have a beko DCU8230 condenser tumble dryer. It was tripping the main board. Got repairman out. He turned it on and it worked again. He stripped down to check element etc and suggested it was just the filter blocked causing condensation and therefore causing the main rcd to trip. He put it back together now it doesn't blow hot air. He checked the element and thermal cutout says they are fine he then suggested it was the control panel that may be faulty as he was getting power to the parts but nothing back on the neutral. Now to me that sounds as if it's the element blown as no circuit complete? Is he trying to con me into spending money I don't need to spend?
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi and thank you for choosing Just Answer.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient as these are technical questions that may require a bit of conversation to solve.
I agree this is possible. the first thing is the element is easy to check with a meter for OHMs, if there is some continuity with resistance then the element is likely fine. But there is no connection on the element, then it is either a bad wire(usually a connector at the wires terminating points.(the ends of the wires).
If the wires are all ok, and the element has continuity, then the main board is bad.
I will stick with you until this is fixed, please don’t forget to rate my service to you before you close this page. I will be available to you at no additional cost , you can then get in touch with me anytime by simply replying to this message.
Thank you and have a great evening!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I may open the machine up tomorrow to double check the resistance on the element and thermal switch. I am an electrician and am just a bit sceptical I suppose that it's to be an expensive fix rather than the more common cheaper fix. The fact there is no reading on the neutral says open circuit to me and therefore element/ fuse. He said something about the neutral bein switched I can't remember now. The machine was blowing hot air when he first switched on then once he started to put it back together he noticed no hot air again this makes me suspicious to get more money out of me
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Gavin,
if its just the element, it wont be too bad bu if its the main board, you may want to consider a new machine.
Keep me posted, I should be here most of the day tomorrow if you need me.
Tech Mike