George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

, have a Siemens SL65M350GB/56, machine starts and runs but

Hi, have a Siemens SL65M350GB/56, machine starts and runs but doesn't get hot and remains with one minute of cycle left to run, If I do a reset and start again, it does pump out remaining water. Is this a heater fault, is there any way of testing the heater as they cost over £100?
KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

How old is it

KevinWhiteJA :

you can test the heater for continuity with a meter

JACUSTOMER-317nlow3- :

Hi, must be nearly seven years old now

Hello, my name is George..

This 2005 appliance has the Instananious water heater type 00488856 which is available on the Siemens website for around £80 Here is a link to it

On the top of the heater is a NTC Sensor part number 00165281 which is also available on the Siemens website at around £20 Here is a link to it

If you have a multi meter then you can test both items with it.. On an OHMS setting test between the two tabs of the heater for a reading.. If you get one then the heater is going to be ok

Do the same for the NTC

If you do not get a reading from one or the other of these two then replace the one that you get no reading from.

If you get a reading on both the NTC and the Heater then the likelyhood is that one leg of the heater relay on the Module requires resoldering.. This is a semi common fault on dishwashers of this age

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.

The NTC is a control for the heater and is removable, if this is the problem you will not need to replace the heater

The appliance is a 2005 model

Please be kind enough to rate the assistance I have given you.. Once you have rated my assistance I shall be available to you for further questions regarding this issue.
Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi George, thanks for the help. FYI it was the relay tag needing re-soldering

Brilliant.. fantastic news .. saved you a bundle of money.. I'm pleased for you.