George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

, have a Siemens SL65M350GB/56, machine starts and runs but

Hi, have a Siemens SL65M350GB/56, machine starts and runs but doesn't get hot and remains with one minute of cycle left to run, If I do a reset and start again, it does pump out remaining water. Is this a heater fault, is there any way of testing the heater as they cost over £100?
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.
KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

How old is it

KevinWhiteJA :

you can test the heater for continuity with a meter

JACUSTOMER-317nlow3- :

Hi, must be nearly seven years old now

Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.

Hello, my name is George..

This 2005 appliance has the Instananious water heater type 00488856 which is available on the Siemens website for around £80 Here is a link to it

On the top of the heater is a NTC Sensor part number 00165281 which is also available on the Siemens website at around £20 Here is a link to it

If you have a multi meter then you can test both items with it.. On an OHMS setting test between the two tabs of the heater for a reading.. If you get one then the heater is going to be ok

Do the same for the NTC

If you do not get a reading from one or the other of these two then replace the one that you get no reading from.

If you get a reading on both the NTC and the Heater then the likelyhood is that one leg of the heater relay on the Module requires resoldering.. This is a semi common fault on dishwashers of this age

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.

The NTC is a control for the heater and is removable, if this is the problem you will not need to replace the heater

The appliance is a 2005 model

Please be kind enough to rate the assistance I have given you.. Once you have rated my assistance I shall be available to you for further questions regarding this issue.
Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi George, thanks for the help. FYI it was the relay tag needing re-soldering

Brilliant.. fantastic news .. saved you a bundle of money.. I'm pleased for you.