Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

GCE21YETAFSS fridge freezer not cooling. No fans coming occasionally

Customer Question

GCE21YETAFSS fridge freezer not cooling. No fans coming occasionally get a clicking sound from motherboard, any thoughts what problem may be?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is George..

What is the value of the capacitor that you are trying to change

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.

JACUSTOMER-x770imlz- : Hi George, 6uF.
JACUSTOMER-x770imlz- : i bought one online but spade connectors too big.
George-Allsorts :

I can't find your model.. Can you give me the long code that is on the data plate please

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi different expert here, if you aren't getting any fans coming, then this indicates the main control board at the back of the fridge.
Its not a cheap part but is easy to replace no soldering required.
Please check these guys out for that board.
http://www.spareparts.ie/shop/shop/Fridge-Freezer.90
Its best to call for this part so I have included their phone contact information for you below.
I will stick with you until the unit is fixed properly.
But please rate my service thus far to you before closing this page.
It won't cost you anything to further to rate and I will be with you at no additional cost until you are satisfied;-)
Tech Michael
Please call: spareparts.ie: +353 1(###) ###-####/(###) ###-####/(###) ###-####
My word... I appologise, I Opted-out expecting an expert with more knowledge of that exact model to give you some help and not just a spurious answer from someone who is guessing, and not using diagnostic abilities.
Anyone can say 'it is the Mainboard', but identifying the exact plug, cable or relay etc. is another matter.

I have no detailed information at the moment for this appliance I'm sorry.

I am sure that there is a self-diagnostic on this appliance but until I can get the detailed info I can not guarantee this.

I will continue to try to find the necessary information for you.. Should you need to contact me with further information regarding the issue then use my work mobile #07787182156... 9am - 5pm

The website this other expert has sent you to does not sell GE parts other than water filters.

Try Partmaster for spares for your GCE21, but I can not find the part you need specifically on their site..

Try ringing Partmaster on #0344-800-3456 and ask them for the correct capacitor for that exact appliance model.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries ~~ with this particular model the main control board is at the back. Once you have removed the board noting all the connectors but not removing them ~ have a look at the top right hand of the board and watch out for one or two domed capacitors which is indicative of a faulty board. Take care if You replace it to check the freezer fan motor, if this is found to be pulsing then You will need to replace that too. Regarding the 6uf capacitor just change the connectors at the end and reconnect. ~ if you have anymore questions come back to us ~ Ian