George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Daniel My CDA 350 dishwasher is failing to fill and then

Customer Question

Hi Daniel
My CDA 350 dishwasher is failing to fill and then tries to drain and bleeps after a couple of minutes. Tried the test and it gives 4 flashes. Any ideas? Thanks. Jan
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting any responses as I'm not constantly available.

The four flashes are telling you that the appliance is having problems draining.. It is likely that you have an object in the drain pump that is stopping the impellor from rotating, or, you have a fat blockage in the hose

JACUSTOMER-q95kcbs8- : Hi
JACUSTOMER-q95kcbs8- : Hi George
George-Allsorts :

Good evening

JACUSTOMER-q95kcbs8- : Thank you for your reply. Checked for blockages and objects - all clear and no fat deposits. Machine now giving numerous flashes on diagnostics (23 at the last count!). Wondered if it could be the pressure switch but we are unable to locate it on this machine! DCA WC350
JACUSTOMER-q95kcbs8- : Jan
George-Allsorts :

I will go see if I have the documents for this machine here... Back soon

JACUSTOMER-q95kcbs8- : Thank you!
George-Allsorts :

Can you get me the product code from the data label please

JACUSTOMER-q95kcbs8- : 8545 496 15861
George-Allsorts :

Thanks for getting me the service code which indicates that it is a Whirlpool build.

Four flashes on this model is indicating a drain issue.. The drain pump starts to pump but after 4 mins the appliance is detecting that it is still not empty...

I'll try find out what senses the water level on these models

George-Allsorts :

The max amount of flashes in the fault list for this appliance is 9

JACUSTOMER-q95kcbs8- : Thank you. Appliance seems to be pumping water in but not into either top or bottom arms , then any water that has gone in (somewhere in machine!?) is pumped out within a couple of minutes. Checked for blockages in all the hoses and they seem clear.
George-Allsorts :

Is your model a built-in model?

George-Allsorts :

Please pull out the dishwasher and tilt it backwards at a 45-60 degree angle to see if any water comes from the base

JACUSTOMER-q95kcbs8- : Yes it is built in. Will try tomorrow and get back to you - thank you.
George-Allsorts :

There is an Optical Water Indicator, similar to a pressure switch, on the side on the sump.. This will be causing your problem if the pump and water level are ok

JACUSTOMER-q95kcbs8- : Hi
JACUSTOMER-q95kcbs8- : Sorry, haven't had time to get back to you. After resetting appliance a couple of times we are now getting some water in the bottom of the dishwasher but it doesn't go on to the wash cycle - just drains after a minute or so. Now regularly gives 5 flashes when we perform the diagnostic test. Jan
George-Allsorts :

You need to look a little more carefully at the code.. If you are sure that it is 5 flashes, then it could be that your spray arms are blocked.. but this is a rare occurance

JACUSTOMER-q95kcbs8- : Definitely 5 and the arms are completely clear. Confess I am bamboozled!
Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
Thanks Jan