Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Afternoon, My zanussi ZDI12010XA activated its anti-flood

Afternoon,
My zanussi ZDI12010XA activated its anti-flood device whilst I was at work and the wife was at home. I've cleaned this out this morning which has re-set the switch. What happens now though, is it fills then stops, with one flash on end of cycle. I switch off and then repeat, again fills but stops. Every time I do this it doesn't drain and so on the third attempt the tub overflows and emptys into the tray activating AF device and pumps out water in tub. I have the L/H panel off as I was initially looking for the leak that filled the AF device tray which from what I can see is none, the water comes from the tub. I can understand this a little as I'm ignoring fault code and starting the cycle again but this is not what caused the initial flood, my wife started the machine and left it. Any answers would be appreciated and I will answer any questions the best I can.
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

The error code here is actually a filling error

with the machine empty of water, when you start a new cycle does the drain pump run for about 45 seconds then stop, then it starts to fill?

Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Rob,
I've just looked inside and I forgot to replace salt tub cap. I replaced this and machine started, filled and sounded like it was working as I could hear water being sprayed around, then it stopped. I opened the door and the tub is full. I activated AF device which drained the tub. I reset the device turned off the machine and at the plug and started over. The machine made some noises, sounded like the motor/pump. The machine started filling then after about a Minuit the filling stopped, the machine made some noises as if it was just about to get going then it stops again. I've now got the single flash end code(filling)?
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jason

OK

So does it have water above the filters now?
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry Rob forgot to mention, the water drains now.
So I have an initial fill process of about a Minuit then water stops followed by about 15 sec of whiting noise(pump?) then error code.
Looking at the l/h side and watching water go into the chamber which is connected to the side it does look as though this is not a great deal of water. I've repeated the machine to get timings and after error code I open the door and have an empty tub.
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

OK
try this
start a new cycle, it should drain then stop.
It should then fill and stop.

At this point open the door, tell me how much water above the filters?
Add water up to the normal level and close door. Does it now start to pump and continue?

Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I watched it full from the side, as soon as this stopped I opened the door ready to start filling with and saw that there wasn't much water in the tub but also saw that this was already being pumped out. I chucked what water I had into the tub, this was sucked out. I shut the door I could hear the pump still going for a short while then got single flash on end cycle. It seems to pump, fill then go straight to pump.
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jason

Are you sure that the flood device is not being activated here

Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yeah positive, I can see the float is touching the tray(which is bone dry). It's not operated before cycle and the pump stops after water is drained from the tub. If the flood device is activated wouldn't it keep running or throw up the fault code indicating that it's been operated?
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Yes, but this is not really making much sense to me so was hoping the float switch was doing it!!

The only thing I can think of here is the main board causing this.

If it is, you may be better off getting a fixed price repair for this as the quote would include all parst needed, the board would otherwise be expensive.

If you want I can get you a quote? I would just need the postcode

Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sm53sx
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jason
OK the quote is £131
This includes the call out, all labour, ALL PARTS and the vat

If it is the board this will be the cheapest way to get this done
If you want to make an appointment please call Repaircare on

0843(###) ###-####/span>

Mon - Fri 8am - 6pm / Sat - 9am - 4pm / Sun - 11am - 3pm

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my responses so far? Please use the smiley faces / stars, which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
This will not close your question and you can still come back to me if you need more help
Rob

Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did go through the steps to get a fault code. Switch off, hold start button turn anti clockwise till flashes etc, the number if flashes is three.
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jason

Yes, thats what I would expect as thats the antiflood mechansim on this model

It is all pointing to he main board, sorry

Rob