Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Kevin My problem is same and as you suggest draining the

Hi Kevin
My problem is same and as you suggest draining the water from the lower tray 'fixed' problem. However it only lasted 5 days before coming back. What do you think is the common failure that may cause a leak to 'flood' this area for a permanent fix?
Many Thanks
Dave C
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

CAn you tell me the make and model and the method you use to clear the fault?

Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Rob

Was continuing on from a previous thread based on a Siemen's built in dishwasher model SE64A630GB/44.

I removed appliance from its 'home' removed lower access plate to mop out excess water. I then tilted it to finally drain any other remnants of water. This cleared fault of exit pump continuously running and managed to use it for 5 wash loads. It now emits fault again so I suspect it has a leak in lower area. My question is are there common failures to permanently fix this leak?

Dave C

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi Dave
Great
Thanks, ***** ***** needed to check we were on "the same page"

The machine has a leak which keeps tripping the antiflood device.
If it trips in 5 days its a fairly consistent leak so easy to spot

Empty the tray as before
Start a new long hot cycle and lay on the floor with a torch. Look in, under the tub. Youll see it dripping. Chances are there will also be a white stain there.

Likely places are hose joints and the pump itself, and the drain pump and hose

If you need more help, please just ask
In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my responses so far? Please use the smiley faces / stars, which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
This will not close your question and you can still come back to me if you need more help
Rob