George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

We have what could be a problem with the main oven door of

We have what could be a problem with the main oven door of our Flavel 60 gas cooker. The top hinge of the oven door seems to be loose and allows the door to drop when opening & closing - although this is making it easier to open and close the door! What do you recommend please?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** you supply me with the model number from the data label at the bottom of the oven please

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.

Customer:

The label says DCGML6S do you need any further info please?

George-Allsorts :

Thank you for that information... Is it the hinge with the three screws in it that is the problem? If so, have you tried to tighten the screws?

Customer:

It is that hinge and the screws are tightened. It's where the door swivels on the section that is 90 degrees to the oven 'frame'.

George-Allsorts :

OK.. There is a pin that goes from the door hinge into the door.. Is is that area you mean?... Has it widened, or is the bush missing?

Customer:

it's difficult to see, but it seems as though there is some play there that allows the top of the door to move so that the door drops.

George-Allsorts :

Look at this part... this fits onto the hinge pin and fits into the door.. The problem you are having happens when this bush is worn through

George-Allsorts :

Full Size Image

Customer:

What do you suggest the solution might be please?

George-Allsorts :

Full Size Image

George-Allsorts :

Hinge Pin

George-Allsorts :

Have a look at that

George-Allsorts :

It will need replacing

Customer:

Thank you George, I presume that it is fairly easy to fit?

George-Allsorts :

You undo the bottom hinge of the door, take off the door; remove both of these bushes from the top and bottom hinge; slide the ne ones onto the hinge; put the door onto the top hinge; put the bottom hinge back into the door and put the screws back in... Job done

George-Allsorts :

One on each hinge

Customer:

Sounds pretty straight forward, I will give it a go!!! Many thanks for your help.

George-Allsorts :

Also, if buying from the link I gave you then:

DISCOUNT
When you get to the Checkout page.. To the left of the 'Pay by Card' button there is a link to allow you to enter a discount code.. Click on it and enter the discount code __ id1975 __ to get a discount

George-Allsorts :

You are very welcome.. Please rate my assistance accordingly

Customer:

I will do so!!!