Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have AEG L 12710 VIT washing machine and the drum will not

I have AEG L 12710 VIT washing machine and the drum will not rotate to wash or spin. Water will fill on wash cycle but no motion. Can drain by using drain setting but will not spin on spin setting (will move slowly forward and back at first of cycle but noting thereafter). Drum is free spinning by hand.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Michael :

hi good morning

Michael :

are you there?

Michael :

I will switch us to Q & A since I see no reply on the chat;-)

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Barry,
how old is your washer?
Also did this fail at one time where the drum wouldn't move at all?
Or did it run some cycles?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

washer is 5 years old. it does not spin or wash on any cycle. when put on just spin cycle is moves a little slowly and then stops.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Barry, the first thing to check is the motor and belt.
You need to remove the rear cover to check this. Let me know what you find back there.
This could be one of a few things that is wrong. It could be a belt, the motor or even the control board.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

took back off. Belt is ok. Motor did not turn drum on Spin cycle. Retried spin cycle and rotated drum by hand and motor began to kick in but was sparking and crackling. Will have to replace motor. Thanks for your help.