Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

We have a BEKO CXFD6113W fridge freezer that should work in

We have a BEKO CXFD6113W fridge freezer that should work in the garage at very low temperatures. However, it cuts out when it is icy, as it has been for long periods of time this winter, and keeps the freezer at minus 3 degrees, which is what we would expect of a non-garage freezer. As soon as the weather warms up the temperature drops again to minus 15. The fridge freezer was bought in July 2013.
What do you think is happening? Could the coolant be the incorrect one for this model?
Comments will be appreciated.
***** *****
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Customer:

OK.

Dales-Electronic :

Would you kindly give me the product code so that I can look at the specific model and check its climate status ~ Ian

Customer:

Mmmmm. I'm not sure what this is. We know the model is CXFD 6113 W and that is written inside the fridge as well as on the manual.

Customer:

Does this help? On the Product Fiche the Climate Class is SN-T.

Dales-Electronic :

Re climate class listed herewith a link to its definition, as you can see You unit will only work between +10 degrees to +43 degrees ambient temperature. Putting it in a garage will not allow it to work if the temperature goes below +10 centigrade ~ sorry I guess You were sold a product that will not work in a garage. Would You know kindly rate my service to you using the smiley faces below, if you move the appliance into a warmer environment it will work satisfactorily ~http://www.uneedcool.com/72.html?gclid=Cj0KEQiAsdCnBRC86PeFkuDJt_MBEiQAUXJfLYSOmPXaiMWoZaVm0W-54bNVSi4fgD0ftMqrCSsIgdAaAom38P8HAQ ~ Ian