George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

havea dimplex cadogan cgn20 is switching off before flame effect and smoke starts has work

havea dimplex cadogan cgn20 is switching off before flame effect and smoke starts has worked fineuntil today someyears old but very little use have followed all manual tips to solve this ok i have cleaned all parts nothing broken lamps switch on stay on for about 40 seconds then it bleeps andswitches off.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** check that the tangential fan is rotating.. if not, the thermal cut-out may be operating if this cooling fan is not working

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.

Customer:

hello george allsorts is it the fan with the filterin it if so it is not working how do i fix it please .

George-Allsorts :

This is the long fan on the inside of the unit... Usually about 8 - 10 inches long.. If it is not working you need to find a replacement from another company as parts for these heaters are not available from Dimplex

Customer:

Hi again do you mean thefan that blowstheheat out as this fan is working it is the small fan by the filter that is not working and if dimplex do not stock spares where else can i get one from thank you

George-Allsorts :

Since I am not in-front of your appliance I can not give you an exchange part number, but, I can give you an example of what a tangential fan is... See the picture below:

Full Size Image

George-Allsorts :

Parts for these appliances are changed on a non-original basis, and best course of action for diagnosis and repair , as well as replacement parts identification, is to take the appliance into your local electrical appliance repairer.