George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

MY NEW HOTPOINT HOB IS ALL HEATING UP,NOT JUST THE RING

HI MY NEW HOTPOINT HOB IS ALL HEATING UP,NOT JUST THE RINGS
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** you give a little more detail please and can you also give the model number and serial number

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.

Customer:

HI ***** A HOTPOINT HOB CRM 641DC.DONT KNOW SERIAL NO. WHEN I TURN 3 RINGS ON THE WHOLE SQUARE HEATS UP.YOU CANT TOUCH IT

George-Allsorts :

Can you tell me how old the hob is?

Customer:

Just new only installed thursday

George-Allsorts :

I would contact Hotpoint on #0344-822-4224 and explain to them exactly what you have told me... Remember to tell them that it has only just been installed

George-Allsorts :

If you can, give them the serial number.. It should be on your receipt

Customer:

ok thanks

George-Allsorts :

The hob heat should restrict itself to the ringed areas for the best part... Otherwise, you would be unable the half heat a pan.

Customer:

the rings do heat up fully but I thought the rest of the hob would stay cool.It heats up too. Could it be the installation

George-Allsorts :

Like I said.. The main heat should restrict itself to the ringed area, and only residual heat should transgress that area.. Therefore the rest of the hob should not get that hot

George-Allsorts :

There are many reasons why this could happen, but since your hob is under warranty I can not get you to investigate them as this would invalidate your warranty

Customer:

thanks for your help. I will contact Hotpoint

George-Allsorts :

You're very welcome... befor you go... When you ring them, ask what temperature the rest of the hob should be before you actually tell them what the problem is.

George-Allsorts :

That'll give you a little armour against anyone stating 'oh thats normal'

Customer:

ok.maybe that's just the way it is

George-Allsorts :

If they tell you a temperature and yours is higher, then you have cause to complain.. Also, if the temperature they tell you is too high for safety, then you have cause to complain.

George-Allsorts :

------------------
OK... I'll leave it with you for now..

Can I ask you to take a little time to assist me by clicking on the smiley faces that you can now see... This will help me as it rates my assistance with your problems ...

Once rated, the screen will change to Q&A , but you will still be able to chat with me further on this.