Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

, we have a Miele Novotroic W970 water control system

Hello, we have a Miele Novotroic W970 water control system washing machine, yesterday I washed an overly heavy blanket, which I think has strained the motor, as this morning I filled the machine with a light load, it filled-up with water but the drum does not turn, is there a reset button ?, or do we need a new motor and therefore an engineer to visit us in Silverstone, Northamptonshire asap ?.
Thank you for your help - Ruth
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Can you tell me how old this is please?
Also, what happens if you select the spin cycle only?

Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Rob,

The machine is 11 years old, and has only ever let us down once when a pipe came free, in terms of the spin cycle question nothing happens the washing machine does not fire-up, but the rinse light flashes.

Best

Ruth

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi Ruth

This does indeed sound like a motor issue, alas there is no reset button

Due to its age, it may not be a cost effective repair.
Can you let me have the postcode and Ill see if there is a fixed price repair for you

Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Our postcode is NN12 8UP

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi Ruth
OK British Gas have a deal on appliances
Its a fixed price of £125

See here

For something ike a motor, this is a really good deal !!

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my responses so far? Please use the smiley faces / stars, which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
This will not close your question and you can still come back to me if you need more help
Rob