Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Heating and hot water heating appliances experienced
77408428

30cxi model, turned off at mains to do work on heating system.

30cxi model, turned off at mains to do work on heating system. when turned back on
8.8 flashing then blank then flashing again.
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 2 years ago.
Plumberpro :

Hi , what is the pressure reading?

Customer:

No pressure reading, only 8.8 flashing

Plumberpro :

Ok . turn the heating temp knob to off and the hot water temp knob to off. Turn the power off at the fused spur. Turn the power to on at the boiler on off control .turn power back on . you should get a pressure reading come up in bar. The boiler should be filled to at least 1.2 to work .

Customer:

will try and come back to you, willstay on line.

Plumberpro :

Ok

Customer:

still as before, when 8.8 flsashes green indicator comes on and pump goes off and on.

Plumberpro :

Will be the main PCB . cost about 160. However gloworm do a fixed repair price for 200 including parts. Might be best in case of multiple faults

Customer:

Could have come up with that answer myself , sorry.

Plumberpro :

Well when you find out I was right you can come back and put do the right thing by re rating, thanks

Customer:

If you can find out which component/s on the pcb cause these symptoms please let me know.

Plumberpro :

Would that prove to you that I was clever enough for you to be able to diagnose your boiler fault? Would you like me to make one for you as well?

Plumberpro :

I am straight and don't give people bull by giving long winded answers to prove something to them . it will be vyour PCB , but you think you checked a fuse and know it all

Customer:

Sorry plumberpro, my back ground has been electronic servicing when a simple resistor in a tv goes open circuit

Customer:

you dont chuck it away.

Customer:

going off line now.

Plumberpro :

A little knowledge is dangerous as they say

Customer:

seems we are both disappointed

Plumberpro :

I wish you the best of luck with it . to be honest I should be used to responses like yours, people come on with certain expectations and I shouldn't have responded like I should and for that I apologise.

Customer:

Hi plumberpro, I have been too hastie and apologise. am uprating the assessment, thanks for your time cheers.