George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Siemens washing machine S12-49: flashing "F23" and door will

Siemens washing machine S12-49: flashing "F23" and door will not open. Continuous 'groan' in all 'on' positions, as if motor trying unsuccessfully to turn. The door is not released by switching off mains power, Only c250ml of water came out when I removed plug from drain and unscrewed the filter unit.
What does F23 mean?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** you give me the full ENR from the rear of the appliance please..

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.

Customer:

Sorry. I canot move the appliance to access its rear. Not sure what ENR means but suppose it is a serial number. I have these numbers: WM12S494GB and

Customer:

489100345529003753

George-Allsorts :

That's the one ... You have water ine the base of the machine... Take off the back of the appliance and mop it up (Making sure that you have turned off the power) .. Then turn the appliance on to a program and look for a leak.

Customer:

Hello George. Without getting the door open it is impossible to get hold of the machine to pull it out of its 'nest'. Is it possible, without invalidating the extended warranty, to rely;ease the door?

George-Allsorts :

Is your appliance an integrated appliance or a free standing?

Customer:

It is integrated with the kitchen fitments, having a dishwasher adjacent on one side and a unit on the other with out a finger-space between.

George-Allsorts :

If there is an extended warranty, then I certainly would not put them at risk ... Call the warranty company asap, as the fault code indicates that something is leaking water into the base of the appliance

Customer:

Hello George. Note : I did mention the warranty under 'Already tried'. I hoped I might be able to effect a swifter solution but accept your advice and will wait for six days for the engineer.