George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Hotpoint BFV620W dishwasherstarts ok sounds like it fills with

Customer Question

Hotpoint BFV620W dishwasherstarts ok sounds like it fills with water the spray starts but very shortly after lights 2 & 4 come on and it emptys
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** lights 2

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.

George-Allsorts :

When lights 2 & 4 are flashing on your Hotpoint BFV620 the system is indicating to you that the element is not working for whatever reason

Take off the right hand side panel and test the heater with a multimeter to see if it is open circuit... If it is not, then there are other things you can check like the Main PCB and the wiring.. The issue is most likely the Element though

George-Allsorts :

---------------------------
How did you get on with the problem? Do you need any firther assistance?