George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a Neff 5 ring gas hob and one ring the electric ignition

I have a Neff 5 ring gas hob and one ring the electric ignition isn't sparking. Another rind is difficult to keep alight, it sparks, lights, I let go and it goes out.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** you give me the ENR from the data plate in the oven please

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responsesfrom me as I'm not constantly available.

Customer:

It is not an oven but a HOB UNIT. What is an ENR?

Customer:

Noticed typo on original, Another ONE is difficult to keep alight.

George-Allsorts :

OK thank you for letting me know.. An ENR is a model code.. It will be underneath the hob on a label.. also on the booklet that came with the hob

Customer:

The ENR no. is T2586NO GB/04

George-Allsorts :

Thanks.. One moment please

George-Allsorts :

The difficulty in keeping the one ring alight is going to be due to the thermocouple for that ring... There are several causes for this.. grease on the thermocouple near to the ring, bad connection of the thermocouple to the valve, or a faulty thermocouple..

Give the thermocouple a scrub with a dry scourer to ensure its cleanliness and dryness... Try it again.. Let me know

The ignition fault could be water got past the seals under the knob. Take off the knob and the seal, use a hairdryer for 3 or 4 minutes at a safe distance.. If that does not work then you'll need to replace that ignighter

Customer:

OK - in use at the moment will have to do later.

Customer:

Customer:

12:09 PM

George-Allsorts :

You're very welcome.. Come back to me and let me know what you find.. If you need part numbers or access to parts let me know.

Please rate the service given as kindly as possible