canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber
64367226

My Thetford N104 fridge in my motorhome will not switch on.

My Thetford N104 fridge in my motorhome will not switch on. Is there a fuse perhaps in the system that may need replacing ? My motorhome is a 2008 Swift Sundance
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 2 years ago.
canuck the pro :

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be very glad to help you today. The fuse box access is in the lounge area I believe. Is the fuse intact?

Customer:

Where do I find this fuse ?

canuck the pro :

In the fuse panel in the lounge area of the motor home. Do you not see the panel for the fuses?

canuck the pro :

If that fuse is intact then the 12 volt fuse for the unit is a little more difficult to access. Let me know what you find.

Customer:

just located it behind drivers seat. I will check which ones are which and reply back

canuck the pro :

Very good.

Customer:

I have extracted fuse F7 , marked as Fridge Feed. Difficult to tell if its intact, seems ok. Do you think I should get a replacement tomorrow, and maybe get back to you if this does not fix it. It seems a normal 20amp fuse

canuck the pro :

It is not clear to see the metal tab inside? Is there any scorch mark or anything on it? Is the fridge turned off?

Customer:

No scorch mark. Fridge is turned off.

canuck the pro :

What happens when you turn the fridge on?

canuck the pro :

Do you have the fridge in "Auto" mode?

Customer:

Nothing. Switch does not react at all. The 2 pins on the fuse seem a bit loose, so contact my be broken. There is an electric hob in kitchen area, which is working, therefore there is power from the hookup. The switch does not activate, so unable to select auto, gas or 12v

canuck the pro :

It must be the fuse in the box then. Switch that one out and I am sure that will get it going.....unless the fridge is unplugged.

canuck the pro :

How did it go today? Was it simply the fuse?

Customer:

No. I think it is something wrong with the fridge itself. I have booked it in next week at a local dealer, who is also a Thetford service centre. Thanks for your advice .

canuck the pro :

You are very welcome.