George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

i have a samsung comercial microwave modle cm1929 1850 watt

i have a samsung comercial microwave modle cm1929 1850 watt its losing power and is taking a lot longer to cook things any idea what the problem is
paul coffee shop owner
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello Paul, my name is George.. When you say it is losing power,; do you mean it does it as you are cooking.. or do you mean is is operating on reduced power?

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.

Customer:

hi geroge for example the microwave used to take 30 seconds to cook 2 scrambled eggs. it now takes 2 minutes to do the same job. its not loosing power as it cooks its just taking much longer to cook and heat food

George-Allsorts :

It sounds like you have lost power to, or one of your magnetrons has become defective .. You'll need a commercial microwave repair service to replace this safely.

Customer:

will this be expensive

George-Allsorts :

Normally not... It will vary depending on where you go to have it repaired.. However, the cost of repair is usually less than the cost of a decent domestic microwave

George-Allsorts :

Can I ask you to take a little time to assist me by clicking on the smiley faces that you can now see... This will help me as it rates my assistance with your problems ...

Once rated, the screen will change to Q&A , but you will still be able to chat with me further on this.

Customer:

this is the same problem we have had with all our microwaves this is the third or fourth one could our power suppy have something to do with this

George-Allsorts :

Not normally, it is normally to do with usage. If you replace a broken one with a replacement then you can not really gauge how often they break.. If you had repaired the broken on you'll get a better view of how often the microwave breaks with the type of usage it gets

Customer:

ok goerge many thanks

George-Allsorts :

You're very welcome Paul

George-Allsorts :

Can I ask you to now take a little time to assist me by clicking on the smiley faces that you can now see... This will help me as it rates my assistance with your problems ...