Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have a Hotpoint Ultima WDUD 9640 washer/drier. Works, but

Customer Question

I have a Hotpoint Ultima WDUD 9640 washer/drier. Works, but wash cycle fails to take up the softener or complete the rinse and spin bit. Any ideas?
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Does it not complete the cycle on all cycles?
Does the machine drain all the rinses correctly?

Do you have a spin pause button, if so, this holds the clothes in the last rinse, so check its not been pressed accidentaly

Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Don't know about all the cycles, the main wash cycle we use for nearly all our clothes doesn't take up the softener, so end up stopping the machine and putting it on rinse spin drain cycle manually. Even then it doesn't always pick up the softener.

Have checked the draw and there doesn't seem to be any blocked jets, or buildup of soap scum.

Rinse cycle by itself seems to work ok.

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi Ben
Great, thanks

Its one of two things so try both.

Remove the soapbox drawer, look up into the roof of the box. Above the conditioner compartment is a series of holes. Using a needle clean out all of these holes. Use an old toothbrush to clean the roof if its dirty.

The liquid stays in the drawer until the right time in the cycle. Then , water comes through these holes and fills the compartment. It overflows through the syphon tube, in the drawer, and empties. There are two types of syphon fitted. The first is a tube at the back of the conditioner compartment. Remove it and thoroughly clean this and the drawer. Refit the tube and make sure it is firmly pushed down. The other type of syphon is a lid that fits on the conditioner compartment. If you have this type, lift off the lid and you will see the syphon tube. Make sure this and the lid are thoroughly clean. It must all be scrupulously clean, otherwise it will not work. Refit lid and make sure its snapped down. refit drawer. Job done.

If you need more help, please just ask

In the menatime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my responses so far? Please use the smiley faces / stars, which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
This will not close your question and you can still come back to me if you need more help
Rob

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Rob,

I know you've already answered my initial question, but to fill you in further I did two washes this morning (or tried to). Both short white cotton washes of 1min 17sec. When the timer gets to between 5 and 1min remaining it, the machine is still in wash mode. It hasn't gone to rinse, and the softener is still in the draw. To solve this I switch off, then on again and put it to rinse manually, which works as it should. Is this a software problem, or has one of the sensors gone west?

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi Ben

This should have advanced to the rinses so I would suspect the drain pump (If it doesnt drain at all), or elseits the main board

Rob