Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

About 5 years ago I had an AEG Sensorlogic favorit dishwasher

Customer Question

About 5 years ago I had an AEG Sensorlogic favorit dishwasher installed in the kitchen . everything worked fine until last night . I dont know which programe my wife pressed , I think it was 50 just inside the top . It started to beep three times on and off . When opened the 50 was flashing on and off and the sign at the right of the programs with anupright line and an arrow pointing right was also flashing on and off .The programe simply wont proceed atall .When I reset none of the other programms start either .
Is this something I can simply correct or does this need an engineer to change a part or replace the machine as a whole ?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

Switch it off at the wall and leave it for about an hour and then switch it back on. With luck this will clear the program and you can start again ~ Ian

Dales-Electronic :

Whilst you are around can you let me have the product code on the rating plate and I can dig out the specifications

JACUSTOMER-ycghwcgf- :

I cant turn it off at the wall as it is an intgrated dishwasher as part of an installed kitchen .all I can do is switch it off on the right inside door of the machine .On the inside of the door the following is printed "model Favorit 4001OV1 .under that is along PNC .Under that an SN and under that a PN. Any help?

Dales-Electronic :

Can you give me the pnc then please

JACUSTOMER-ycghwcgf- :

PNC ********* 01

Dales-Electronic :

Sorry could you put a # ***** the pnc the system thinks you are trying to send me your telephone number and has blanked it out

JACUSTOMER-ycghwcgf- :

OK ,I will try again .PNC #911935627/01 .

Dales-Electronic :

OK when You press the reset do all the lights clear or are you left with the right arrow only?

JACUSTOMER-ycghwcgf- :

After 1 hour off ,I turned it on again all lights on ,the right arrow off, re programmed and restarted .After a couple of seconds it started a slight rumbling sound for about 5seconds ,stopped , and the 50 programme light flashed on and off ,withthe triple intermittent audible signals .No water entered the machine .Before all this it was working fine with no problems atall.Water pressure is fine with no blockage as far as I am aware . I have now traced the handbook .This states at the bottom of page 20 that when the triple audiblesignal sounds "close the water tap and call the service force centre".Thats fine ,but there is no visible water tap .Any way , back to you.

Dales-Electronic :

How handy are you with tools ~ would you be able to get the appliance out of its kitchen unit?

JACUSTOMER-ycghwcgf- :

I can try .I can see one small bracket either side at the top .

Dales-Electronic :

OK likely you will have to remove the kick strip at the bottom to get it out of the unit and wind up the feet to give you extra room, once the retaining screws are removed draw it out carefully without damaging the flooring

JACUSTOMER-ycghwcgf- :

I removed all the contents and bottom shelf ,both top brackets ,the kick strip at the bottom .I tested to ensure the top was free and it leant forwards .I then moved it out slowly about half an inch as it does fit tightly ,and to spite me it started the programme ( i forgot to turn it off ,but had shut the door . I gently pushed it back fully ,and so far its still going .The 50 programme light is on but not flashing .The arrow light is off ,and the triple audible signal has not gone off .After 15 minutes the rumbling sound has now started again ,and the warnings have flashed and bleaped again , so back to square one .I shall pull it out again ! and confirm when I have done it .

Dales-Electronic :

OK if You can get it out further (when you have finished what You are doing and with the electric off) and watch the pipes and cable behind, see if you can tip it to 45 degree backwards and tell me if you see water coming out of the base, have a towel handy ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-ycghwcgf- :

After lowering the front legs it comes out about an inch and wont come out any further .Ifelt the pipes that seem to be free with enough room .It seems to start for a few minutes and then stops ,so Ive turned it off again .Trouble is that I cant get to the legs at the back ,and thats probably why it gets stuck . Is there anything else I can do now ?

Dales-Electronic :

OK can you get access into the base area from the front?

JACUSTOMER-ycghwcgf- :

With the kickstrip off ,Ican seethe front (with the door shut) .By the way ,the remaining water (no items in it) smells stale .On the front there are a number of screws Shall I remove these to see whats beyond the protective plate ?

Dales-Electronic :

Hold on a few mins and I'll just check the installation manual and see if there is front access to wind down the rear feet

Dales-Electronic :

OK I cant get access to a installation manual but you should have a hexagonal nut perhaps with a crosshead (for a screwdriver) at each side, if you rotate these this will wind down/up the rear legs and allow you to withdraw the appliance

JACUSTOMER-ycghwcgf- :

I can wind up/down the front legs ,but cant get at the rear legs due to units either side ,and the lower the front legs the more it gets stuck as it tips .Ok two of us have managed to drag it out .What now?

JACUSTOMER-ycghwcgf- :

As we pulled it out ,a long black thin plastic rod and a thicker hollow black screw piece @5/6" long with atransparent piece of plastic were on the floor underneath .Ive turned it on to see how long it goes on for ,watching carefully for any leaks. I await your views?

JACUSTOMER-ycghwcgf- :

Turned it off .Tipped it backwards ---considerable water cameout .Impossible to tell exactly where from . wont do anything else till I hear from you.

Dales-Electronic :

OK the two bits are the unwinding assembly for the rear feet so, if you can put them back together ~ leave it out and let the appliance dry out and then tomorrow dry it out where it is and make sure it works OK, Likely you have a tiny leak that has taken 5 years to accumulate enough water to active the flood protection device. If it fails during the first wash you will need to either find the leak and seal it or get an engineer out to rectify the fault for you. Would you now rate my information to You using the smiley faces below, this allows you to ask further questions free of charge by just signing in ~ the call will be routed to me automatically ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-ycghwcgf- :

I have taken off the side panels .The rumbling seems to be coming from the area of the cold feed pipe round about the pump area .the machine is simply not pumping water in. It occured to me That the motor may be malfunctioning ,and hence the slight vibration with the rumbling . I think I will have to call an engineer out thank you for your help .

Dales-Electronic :

The pump is not responsible for pumping water in only pumping water out you may have something in the pump but this would not stop water from going in but the flood protection device being activated would ~ Ian

Experience: I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.