Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

zwf 16581w I need to rescue a lost bra wire making lots of

Customer Question

zwf 16581w I need to rescue a lost bra wire making lots of noise 2 weeks ago now quiet mainly. How can I get my plumber guy to get it out?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

You have three options, a. Remove one of the drum paddles and with a light from inside the appliance locate the bra wire and remove it. b. Remove the back outer panel of the appliance and remove the heater assembly and once again with a torch locate the bra wire and remove it through the heater hole. c. Tip the appliance on its back, remove the sump hose, locate the bra wire and refit the sump hose. a. risk of breaking a drum paddle, b. takes time but the safest. c. the easiest but you must be careful not to get water on the motor and not break any water inlet/outlet pipes ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-3ygk4v7u- :

1. Can you tell me how to remove a drum paddle?

JACUSTOMER-3ygk4v7u- :

2. heater assembly where is this inside ?

JACUSTOMER-3ygk4v7u- :

The plumber needs more help as he isn't used to it but willing to give a go

Dales-Electronic :

You have to poke a round object through the holes in the paddle, one of the holes will hold the latching tab that holds the paddle in place. Push this lathing tap in and the paddle will move either forward or backwards and then release into the drum. With replacement you pull up the latch and it will lock the paddle when it is refitted ~ don't be rough here these paddles break off their slides easily.

JACUSTOMER-3ygk4v7u- :

ok I see. so the heater assembly what does this look like?

JACUSTOMER-3ygk4v7u- :

Can I get a new paddle if it breaks and fit it easily just in case?

Dales-Electronic :

Yes they are readily available but make sure that you don't break off the locking tab or you have a nightmare on Your hands. Probably the best for you is to tip it on its back and remove the sump hose then you can see into the drum and grab the bra wire with pliers

JACUSTOMER-3ygk4v7u- :

The sump hose what does it look like?

Dales-Electronic :

It is the rubber hose that comes from the bottom of the drum and feeds across to the drain pump located on the front/side of the base behind the filter assembly

JACUSTOMER-3ygk4v7u- :

ah I see. so do I tip the machine on its front to get to it?

Dales-Electronic :

No no ~ on its back minding you don't damage the cables and pipes, an old pillow at the back is always useful

JACUSTOMER-3ygk4v7u- :

so is this sump hose underneath then?

Dales-Electronic :

Yes it connects to the bottom of the drum assembly, the water then passes through the pump and out of the grey corrugated hose to the drain pipe.

JACUSTOMER-3ygk4v7u- :

right I am beginning to get the picture.

JACUSTOMER-3ygk4v7u- :

Is there any manuals I can download that give pictures of it?

Dales-Electronic :

If you give me the pnc or product code I will see what I can do but it is easy to find there is only one pipe that comes out of the bottom of the tub and connects to the drain pump

JACUSTOMER-3ygk4v7u- :

product number is ********* 03

Dales-Electronic :

Can you put a # ***** the pnc it is being blanked out by the computer that thinks its a phone number thanks

JACUSTOMER-3ygk4v7u- :

# ********* 03

Dales-Electronic :

if you could do it without the gap after the # *****

JACUSTOMER-3ygk4v7u- :

#91452262903

JACUSTOMER-3ygk4v7u- :

ok it seems reasonable to attempt with care

Dales-Electronic :

OK I'm disappearing for about 40 mins to pick up my daughter but will be back on here shortly ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-3ygk4v7u- :

ok if any chance can get a manual to leave for the plumber that would be mega!

Dales-Electronic :

If you get the plumber to call me on #07748928831 I will talk him through it ~ would you now rate my service to you using the smiley faces below this allows you to continue asking further questions free of charge but will let me shut the question down on the system ~ Ian

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Ian

thanks for all this info. I lost internet connection last night for some strange reason so just back on now.

Chris my plumber is coming tomorrow and I ordered a spare paddle from Zanussi just in case it broke on removal.

OK I'll make sure I have my mobile with me when I go out