George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Dimplex Model FX20VE Series No. C 4212Timer set on either

Customer Question

Dimplex Model FX20VE Series No. C 4212
Timer set on either 1kw or 2Kw heat only runs for 45 seconds & then cuts out. After a long delay it will re-start but then cuts out again.
Age of appliance under 2 years. Any way to get this repaired, please?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is George..

I'm sorry to hear that you have a problem with your Dimplex product.. From whatyou have described, it sounds like the fan is not working, or it is not working fast enough to prevent the thermal cut-out from interceding for your safety.

To speak to Dimplex with regard to having the product repaired, please use the following contact details:

Telephone: #0844-879-3588
Email: ([email protected])

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.

JACUSTOMER-3nryso46- :

The fan is working - my concern is the Just Answer fee of £20 was paid by me - BUT the system refused to recognise my email address : *****@******.***. In addition, I am not agreeing to £20 a month and have not had a week's trial. Who do I take this up with?

JACUSTOMER-3nryso46- :

Can you answer this question, too?

George-Allsorts :

OK.. I'll answer both questions , but one at a time if I may....

The Heater... If it is not the fan running too slow, then there is a thermal cut-out in the fan body, in some cases there is also a thermostat... either one of these, or a restriction in the air flow-through of the heater could cause the appliance to faulter.

The Payment... We as technicians do not have anything to do with charging for services rendered.. We plainly answer, in as clear english as possible, the possible faults related to the information given on faulty appliance, and we get rated on our replies..

I can not see you email that you have typed as the system does not allow them onto the screen, so I can not pass it to Customer Services for you... however, you can contact Customer Services on***@******.*** and they should be able to assist you with the Payment issue.

--------------------------------------
Please take a moment to rate my assistance as kindly as possible.. Please use the smiley faces to do this.