Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My Caple DI 440 dishwasher would not run a programme and the

My Caple DI 440 dishwasher would not run a programme and the alerts showed that additional salt and rinse aid was required. These were added, and the warning lights have gone out, but the programmes still won't run. I have tried cutting the power. I had a feeling there was a 'reset' sequence, but cant find any details. Any ideas?
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

When you say it won run a cycle what is it its doing wrong?

Is it filling with water?

Can you hear the wash motor kick in?

Will it drain the water out?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No it won't even start. The machine switches on, but The programme start light doesn't come on when you press the button. The programme light is stuck on 70 degrees as well and won't cycle through the different temperatures as usual.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Ok try this and see what happens and let me know.

Press and hold the start button for several seconds and see if this resets the control unit from there.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No, no effect.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Ok so when you turn it on only the 70 deg light is lit is it?

Is the start light flashing?

Also im taking it holding the start button in for several seconds didnt do anything at all?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, only the 70 button is lit and holding the start button did nothing. I should say that the 1/2 load button and the delay button appear to work in that the lights switch on.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Ok im afraid its looking like the control board in the door is faulty. As if you cannot reset it by holding the start button in then you cannot do the test cycle to fully reset it as this needs to be set to the rinse cycle for it to work. As you cannot reset it from the 70 deg cycle and holding the start button isnt doing anything then its looking like the control board in there is the fault here.

Try this first if you havent. Remove the plug completey from the socket as this will allow the componments on the board to fully discharge themselfs from there and can sometimes clear faults.

But if after all that its not resetting or doing anything in there then its looking like the control board in the door is faulty and will need to be replaced from there to cure this.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK, thanks. Any idea what that might cost?
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Sorry just had a look at this and its comming up as obsolete now. This dishwasher is actually made by Whirlpool for Caple so spares are very expensive on these. But going of the part number is ***** like its obsolete in the UK.

But heres the part number so have a search for it and see if you can find one on the likes of Ebay 481221838077

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Daniel.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

No worries your very welcome.

Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.