George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Can you repaint the iron pan supports and, if so, is Hammerite

Can you repaint the iron pan supports and, if so, is Hammerite ok or should a specific paint be used?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is George..

I'm sorry to say that you can not paint the pan supports as the paint will cause toxic fumes when it comes into contact with flames..

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.

George-Allsorts :

On the cast iron type of pan stand, providing you have the money to do so, you can take the pan supports to metal-working factory and have the factory hot-oil dip the stands.. That will turn them back to the original black condition.