canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber
64367226

again I forgot to mention .. My boiler works fine

Customer Question

Hello again
I forgot to mention ..
My boiler works fine on heating alone if the water pressure is just above the middle of the green area in the guage .
If I turn on a tap it will fire ok .. And then run after the tap is turned off then lockout ... A reset usually solves the problem on the 3rd attempt.. If not I switch off the boiler and switch off the heating .. When the rads are cool ... Keeping the heating off and taps off .. I turn on the boiler .. It fires .. Which I don't understand .. Then goes into lockout .. Even though I have nothing running tap wise and the heating is turned off !!
Then the boiler makes its usual clicking noises about 4 to 6 .. It calms down and then I can turn in the heating only ok ..
I think it's the Pcb as the boiler seems to get confused and locks out all the blooming time ...
Plus the boiler is in the kitchen and that's south facing .. The boiler gets hot sunlight in summer as its next to the window .. So can't be doing the Pcb board any good
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be very glad to help you today. Sorry for the delayed response. I was away a lot of the day. Is the function much different than when the PCB was installed?