George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Our Miele 8310 vacuum goes to minimum suction only. when started

Our Miele 8310 vacuum goes to minimum suction only. when started it very briefly goes higher but then to minimum. presumably some safety measure. I have cleaned the filters and changed the bag. Any other action I can take?
Graham
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello Graham, my name is George.. You are taking the correct action.. This is usually caused by blocked filters... What I suggest is that you remove all the filters and the hose, then replace them one by one, trying the vacuum each time you re-fit one, until you once again get the problem and thereby you can pinpoint the culprit.

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.

Customer:

Removed motor filter, air filter, hose and even the bag with no improvement. motor runs strongly but indicates 'minimum' so is the motor itself in need of clean and is this possible?

George-Allsorts :

Just to be sure.. you have not got the setting on Auto have you?

George-Allsorts :

Once the vacuum indicates minimum, have you tried to increase the power manually using the + button to the right of the screen on the vacuum?

Customer:

Yes. once started the machine starts on high quickly moves through the applications to minimum (curtains,etc) and the + button has no effect to change that

Customer:

I've since partly dismantled the panel to find the minus button stuck. now released and the machine is working ok. I've OK'd payment as your advice was fine, a rather unusual fault. Do make sure I haven't paid twice as I think the transaction has already gone through