Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be very glad to help you today. You will have to let the battery warm up before it will charge. The cold will not permanently damage a battery unless it freezes. The temperature that they were in is borderline of the temperature a battery would freeze. I believe the temperature they freeze is -4 or -5.
It will also take a long time for the batteries to get to room temperature. Probably 3 or 4 hours at least.
I would leave them indoors overnight before giving up on them. If they do not take a charge then call the manufacturer and they may warranty them even if they are a little old. No promise that they will but it is worth the call. You never know how kind a manufacturer will be when a customer kindly complains about their product.