Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

The model of my previous w/m was ZWG 6165, an engineer from

Customer Question

The model of my previous w/m was ZWG 6165, an engineer from your official Zanussi service dept called when we had problems with it. He confirmed that the parts required ar as follows.The code for the parts I looked up on line, and it was confirmed that they would fit the model in question. When it came to ordering parts, and then returning to fit them became a problem, Zanussi confirmed that under the premier insurance I held issued by Currys, I was entitled to a replacement machine as the time delay was more than 14 days, I was issued with a replacement appliance code to enable me to get my nea machine, and ovbiously the insurance policy was cancelled.
However in the mean time my Daughter in laws machine has gone wrong, and as my old one is a better machine than hers at present, I thought if it wasn't going to prove too costly I would have my old one repaired for her, and pass it on. Thought it might work out cheaper than purchasing a new machine.
Would you there fore kindly confirm that the part numbers I am requesting are compatible with the model I have quoted, also the carbon brushes code, and the breakdown cost of all the parts, and also the fitting cost, hopefully I can help my Daughter in Law out.
Sorry to be asking so many questions thank you for your help
Regards ***** *****
We live in the South Croydon area
Parts require details
Detergent drawer syphon **********
Detergent dispenser **********
Dispenser housing unit **********
Drain pump filter **********
Pump filter cover *********
I presume the above pump comes complete with any washers etc needed
Set of carbon brushes I don't know which ones I would need.
Thank you once again for causing you to find all this info for me.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

Hi Maura ~ I run a domestic appliance company and looking at your list of parts which seem excessive to be honest I would be grateful if you would tell me what the original fault was and secondly could you let me have the pnc or product code of the appliance you would like repairing ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-mvynwqqd- : These are the details I have taken from the door panel.
JACUSTOMER-mvynwqqd- : Type HP 946431
JACUSTOMER-mvynwqqd- : Model ZWg6165
JACUSTOMER-mvynwqqd- : Product Number ********* 00
Dales-Electronic :

Give me Your phone number immediately preceded by a # ***** I will call you I think we need to have a chat about this before I direct you further Ian

JACUSTOMER-mvynwqqd- : Serial Number
Dales-Electronic :

Can you send me the product number preceded by a # ***** system thinks you are trying to send me your phone number hence the earlier post ~ ian

JACUSTOMER-mvynwqqd- : #02086573562 land line thank you
Dales-Electronic :

OK It would be helpful if one of you boys could take off one of the motor brushes and send a photo of it to me at ~~ dales.electronic(at)btopenworld.com ~~ if he could also let me have any letters that are on the brush holder ie D or similar that would be helpful, it seems that Zanussi only supply the motor complete but with your help I can find you a brush set to fit from the motor manufacturer which is not Zanussi. The filter kid is readily available and I will send you the whole lot together once I have identified the brush assys ~~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-mvynwqqd- : Ok thank you
Dales-Electronic :

OK I have the information for You now ~ if you go to - http://www.spares4appliances.co.uk/basket - Check the pictures in the order to confirm that first off the filter is correct and secondly these brushes are designed to fit the most common motor fitted to your model manufactured by Sole if your motor is by a different manufacturer come back to me. Once you are happy that these are the parts you will be given an option of a discount code use '1976' in the box and you should get them cheaper. Would you now kindly rate my service to you using the smiley faces below, this allows me to close the job down on the system but you can come back to me at any time on a free of charge basis to ask further questions ~ Ian